Trouble with Advantage Arms conversion kit

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dennab, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dennab

dennab New Member

Hi guys...

New to the forum and have a question for you:

I recently purchased an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 17. I took it to the range today and was extremely disappointed in the performance, or lack thereof.

Background:
    Thoroughly cleaned slide and barrel prior to use. Used only CCI MiniMags as per manufacturers recommendation. Used new magazine and one slightly used magazine.

Result:
    My rate of FTF was 25%! It was maddening. The slide did not lock back after last round ejected either.

I brought it home, cleaned it and noticed a small score or stake mark on the top edge of the barrel/breech. It looks like it is a deliberate score or stake mark but I really can't tell. Not sure if that has anything to do with my failures to feed.

I have inserted a few images of the barrel/breech and the result of the FTF on my .22 ammo - bent the bullets all to hell.

Any suggestions from those who own a AA conversion kit??

Thanks!

Update: Heard from AA and they have been helpful in trying to diagnose the issues. May be mag related, lube related and/or positioning of my left thumb on the slide. The notch on the breech is also normal. More testing to determine true cause.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

Somebody been dryfiring the kit and has peened the chamber over.

Find a gunsmith with a 22 reamer and it is a quick fix.

OR IF it can that way, mail the kit back to Advantage and they will fix it !

3. ET1

ET1 New Member

This is your answer. My AA conversion kit is 100% with the CCI's or Remington Golden Bullets. Looks like the ping in the chamber is the problem.