Tropical storm irene gaining power...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Aug 21, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Looks like Florida is in for the first HURRICANE of the 2011 season....Texas could us some of that water...Baton-down the Hatches Cainbrake....and goodluck....

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Now they say South Carolina is the Target......Still looks like all of the East Coast of Florida is going to get the sh!t kicked-out of it by Irene............:eek:

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

They show only the eye on the news. The east side is the worse, but there are rains, wind, tornadoes on the skirts which can extend over a hundred miles.

Take care east coasters!

4. Fatso

Fatso New Member

I have to fly out of Raleigh on Saturday morning. Here's to hoping my plans don't get disrupted!:eek:

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The current projected track puts me on the clean side of the storm.

Keep your fingers crossed for us in the path! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Fingers crossed!

just padding the post count!

No, my fingers are really crossed...ya'all take care!

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Please redirect said storm to the gulf and a path of West/Northwest from Key West. We are in dire need of rain.

8. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

But it puts Scubie's family, and Shi and RSG directly in it's path at landfall :(

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

What flight? Scubie is flying out of RDU on Saturday morning also. SW to Austin, his flight leaves around 9 am. You should be good, It's not supposed to hit SC/NC until Saturday afternoon/night

10. knfxda

knfxda New Member

I think it would get real ugly for us in SE FL if that were to happen because it would likely have to pass over us to to that, probably as a cat 4 and then it would probably regain all of its strength and then some if it were to hit the gulf.

The earlier projections would have been better if it swung out west south of FL.

Maybe next time! :D

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Too late, looks like the Carolina's are ground zero.

Watch out guys. Knee mail sent your way.

Robo, you can have the next one! :D

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Boy that storm is moving real slow...That must be dumping alot of water where ever it hits???...

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I just seen a story on the news that the stores are selling-out of plywood on the east coast,in advance of the Hurricane...People are buying everything from food to battieres....Looks like pandamainia in some of those stores on the news....I guess if your not the first to buy it,it may be gone,by the time you go to get whatever it is you need.......

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The local weather man said this Hurricane may change the east coast line,and it could cost up to 13 billion dollars before it's over...Blowing-out sky scrappers windows and flooding New-York city.....13 Billion dollars...I guess our Insurance rates across the country will go-up...Who else is going to pay for it,but by raising Insurance Rates.....and change the Coast Line,that's kind of crazy to think about....I guess it it the end of the World like they keep saying.....All the crazzy sh!t going-on.......:eek::eek::eek:

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

$13 billion might be a low ball estimate if NYC takes a direct hit. Many people don"t realize that NY City is a coastal island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean. If the storm surge pushes up throught the straits then parts of lower Manhattan, ie the Financial District, will be underwater.

16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

As a lifetime Florida resident, all I can say is; them yankees first took our plantations, this summer they took our 100 degree weather, now they are gettin our hurricanes. They ain't gonna leave us nothing.......:p

Good luck you guys on the East Coast. Take it seriously.

And to my Texas buddies, hang in there, I hope you get a frog strangler soon.
    Maybe a good tropical depression would help, but I won't wish a hurricane on you.

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

you all can keep them gators, snakes and lizards...oh yeah, grits too. :p

18. shadamai

shadamai New Member

An interesting note...in NC, it is illegal to carry (concealed or open) or even transport a firearm in a state of emergency. You can only possess one on your own property. The governor has declared a state of emergency for the eastern part of the state. It doesn't make sense to me...a state of emergency in my opinion is when you may need to carry the most, or when you may be evacuating and may need to need to transport essentials, your valuables, and your firearms with you. My county was not included in the state of emergency, but many will be affected by this.

19. Logan636

Logan636 New Member

I just hope that by the time it reaches us in NY it will have lost a significant amount of its momentum. My thoughts go out to everyone in its path.

20. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

This ..*****..is getting ..BIG..just in time for...9/11...I hope you guys on the east coast are ready for this storm....It's going to mess-up alot of peoples lives...I've been watching the news and they say the high tide of the moon is going to make the tide even higher...Flooding in New-York city subways are going to stop travel all over the city...Remember New Orleans,gangs in the streets and all that good stuff....