TriStar handgun feedback.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rickster, May 15, 2013.

1. rickster

rickster New Member

As I browsed thru the guns at Academy Sports the other day I noticed the TriStar brand. I also noticed that for the most part they are CZ clones manufactured in Turkey. Materials and finish seem pretty good and the price, great. Though I don't recall any FTF member mentioning TriStar. Why?

2. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

I used one to test fit holsters for my CZ while at Sportsmans. The few min I messed with it, they slide catch was way too forward, the ergos where still there but the weight really put me off. It's a copy of an all steel gun and I was expecting it to have the weight like mine has, It was really light and almost felt like a toy gun. I've never shot one but if they did the internals right it might redeem itself a little for its accuracy.

3. Barney1023

Barney1023 New Member

I held one at the gun store I was looking for a cz 75 which I want very bad I almost bought it, it felt good in my hand fit and finish looked good trigger felt good just didn't buy it cause I'd never heard of them before I ended up putting a glock 19 in layaway. In the last few weeks I've googled them a few time there not alot out there but what is out there sounds good I e yet to see a bad review of them. From what I understand tristar imports them from canik 55 there's also alot of good reviews on them. I got the g19 as a house and range and sometimes carry weapon I'm thinking maybe about trying one of the t or c 100s out looks like a nice size for ccw and I handled the 100 and the 120 size both were nice.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have never heard of them. I will shell out a few extra bucks to get a pistol that is known for being a quality firearm. Let them shoot them in Turkey.

5. rickster

rickster New Member

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I was considering buying a Tristar shotgun. I called their office to get some information about the shotgun. My biggest concern was screw in chokes. And chokes are all the further we got in the conversation before I hung up. I asked where to get chokes or parts for the gun. The representative replied from this number, if we have them in stock.