Trip pics

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Nov 7, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

First time I've been away in more than 10 years, up to my cousin's property. Got to do some cool stuff, rode quad bikes, helped out with fencing in the rain, that was an experience ha. Never seen the country with so much feed...so green.

Got shots of his guns, couldn't do any shooting though. They are pretty much considered tools only, to be taken out specifically when necessary...a real pity imo! Can you tell I've been getting withdrawls lol

Oh yeah...there are a few. heh

[​IMG]
    Angus in the home paddock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Quad bikes up near the DIY airstrip, used for superphosphate-spreading

[​IMG]
    Waiting for orders

2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Working dogs live a happy but spartan life

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DIY lamb

[​IMG]
    DIY chops lol

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Herefords & calves

[​IMG]
    Thistles are bloody everywhere lol

[​IMG]
    Woolshed

[​IMG]
    Hard to see, but its a wallaroo

4. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Bringing down a bull via bike

[​IMG]
    safes, self explanatory heh

[​IMG]
    rifles in various conditions

[​IMG]

5. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Softpoints seem popular, not surprisingly

[​IMG]
    Rural version of 'safe storage' lol

[​IMG]
    Lever action, took it out with the bikes in case of pigs but none showed. Apparently there's so much feed around they could be 2m away and you'd never know - not even the dogs, unless a pig bolted. Saw a huge feral cat but it was too quick, unfortunately...

[​IMG]
    lil .22

6. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Very nice pictures Zhuk. I enjoy looking at pictures that you post:)

7. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    The four-ten!

This is what kicked off my gun-hunger all those years ago when I was 17...was given 2 shells and NO more by my uncle, hit an empty beer can down on the road resulting in instant obsession. Pity it took me over 20 years to actually get into firearms huh lol

[​IMG]
    12g shottie

[​IMG]
    Think its a .22-250 from memory, also popular calibre

[​IMG]
    An oldie

8. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My cousin's son's Miroku, held at home while he is jackarooing in North QLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    another 12g

9. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Now that's old lol

That's all guys :D

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Simply beautiful countryside zhuk!! I am in awe of how green and luscious your land is there. I would say come Zombie Time, you will have prime lands to hunt both former man and survival food. ;)

A most excellent trip. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

JD

11. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Thanks RSG!

I was trying to be uh, restrained. Ended up taking almost 900 :eek: rofl

(aren't digicams like that :eek:)

12. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Hey mate, I'm happy that you had such a good weekend. I tell ya, your cousin must've had a really good winter season, the property and cattle look to be in amazing shape! I'd love to spend a lazy afternoon sitting at the top of that gully in the first post, I bet there'd be more than a couple of foxes wandering around up there..

I love that little P/A .22 he's got there, you can really see how Johnny thought they were so evil can't you?? :eek::mad:

13. zhuk

zhuk New Member

You can't imagine how green it is compared with what the land looks like outside an exceptional season like this, JD. Like I said, I've never seen it like that...the true meaning of 'making hay while the sun shines' huh!

Looks more like this normally...

[​IMG]

Ha yeah, I thought that too! Couldn't disguise my envy at his 'C' licence-designation when he got it out...and all for that lil thing!

Yep plenty of foxes & also goats/pigs (when they show themselves) just can't spot em too well atm. Too much other work for him to do to spend any time actually 'hunting' per se...think he just has a crack if something presents itself :D There was a brown snake in the garden but it got away before anyone got a gun out, lol

The stupidity of needing to 'safe' every damn firearm, just when its needed :rolleyes:

14. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Yeah it's always the way isn't it, visitors are always put to good use on a trip to the farm!! It's a pity that you weren't able to go for a shot but I'm sure you had a great time anyway.. I wish I had one of those little 'C's on my licence, I'd have one of those uber-evil semi shotguns in a flash! :D

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Great pictures. The countryside looks somewhat like Marin County here in Ca. I'm glad you had a good visit.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK what the hell is the jawbone thing on the ground in the lambchop pic. That thing looks nasty.

17. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I could be wrong but I think it's the bottom jaw of a pig with tusks still attached.. Quite a nice set too, I might add! The tusks of a wild boar are considered to be quite a trophy down here...

18. zhuk

zhuk New Member

You mean this tango? :D

[​IMG]

About the only thing left of a pig, in the end lol

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

argh you beat me to it, Aus!

20. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Sorry bud, didn't look to see that you were on! I woulda let you take the glory for it otherwise :D