Trijjcon Reflex for AR15

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by RairWeatherSmok, Sep 20, 2010.

1. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Sorry, can't help with alternatives. I like mine just fine though.

[​IMG]

3. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member

Tell me more

Which exact model with flat top mount, flip mount do you have? From the picture, it looks like it is mounted forward of a carry handle up high. Is this a normal location for a reflex? Which reticule did you get ?

I've never used a reflex. Had a couple of red dots on my IPSC pistols, but those are only good for known usage, pretend combat.

Just trying to get as much information as I can. Thanks.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Model RX06
    A.R.M.S.® #15 Throw Lever Flattop Mount
    12.9 MOA Triangle

The Reflex-II is sitting on a Knights RAS hand guard that sits at the same level as the receiver flat top picatinny rail. That allows me to mount the reflex anywhere between the rear of the receiver and the front sight base without changing my zero. It also co-witnesses the reflex reticule and the iron sights (removable carry handle) so they can be used together if you so desire.

Having the larger reticule helps when the sight is mounted forward over the hand guards as it is easier for my old eyes to see and quicker to pick up on.
    I have it zeroed (50 yds) so that the center of the triangle covers 0 to approx 75 yards. The peak of the triangle covers from 100 yds on out.

Your mileage may vary according to your needs. :)

5. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

I have a Trijicon Reflex sight for my ARs. The one I have has the 4 MOA dot in it. I now believe that I would have gone with a 6 MOA dot. My 4 MOA is a little harder to pick up with my eye than I like. I think that a 6 MOA would now be about the right size and a little easier to see.