Trijicon vs eotech with 3x maginfier

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by ShagNasty1001, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I've had my mind almost completely set on a Trijicon TA11 acog for my RRA Operator but recently looked thru an eotech with a 3x magnifier (I believe it was a 552?) so now I'm a little indecisive on which one to get. Im gonna use it for varmint hunting and plinking. Price really isn't an issue and those are the two I've made my mind up on. Does anyone have one or the other and what are y'alls experiences with them?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm a big fan of both companies. They make great products. If price is of no concern pick the one you like a little better.

3. Retaks

Retaks New Member

They are both great optics. Im using an Eotech 512 with a G23 Magnifier on my AR and love it. I like that i can get rid of the magnification if i dont need it with the Eotech setup.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

both options are good. you say its for varmint and plinking and that money is not a factor. i would say go with the trijicon. it will perform better at varminting than the eotech. for plinking they are about the same. i loved my trijicon when i was overseas and cant wait to have the money to purchase one for my self.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yeah a lot of marines I know used them overseas and are the ones who really introduced me and convinced me on them with their price tag

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I like both but think the RDS/magnifier combo is more versatile.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  8. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Trijicon acog or accupoint or the new srs red dot sight.

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I was really interested in the TA11J which is the crosshair reticle with bullet drop compensated and has the 2.20"(?) eye relief