Trijicon Reflex and Transition lenses

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by AmPaTerry, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

Just a note to anyone who wears the Transition type of automatic dimming lenses in their glasses; the Trijicon Reflex sight is NOT compatible with these lenses. I was trying one of these sights out when I discovered this. Everything was fine as long as I was in the shade, but when I stepped out into the sun and my glasses dimmed a bit, the sight picture completely disappeared. There was a red dot on a completely blank screen!
    I don't know why this problem exists, and Trijicon is not forthcoming with an answer to my communication to them about it, but I wanted to let folks with auto-dimming lenses know to TRY a Reflex in the sunlight before they buy one.

NOT a polarization issue; I removed the polarizing filter from the Reflex and it made no difference - and my glasses are not polarized either.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i use self dimming shooting glasses and dont have that issue with my trijicon rmr

the lens are not transition brand however.

3. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Interesting. Which model of reflex sight do you have?

I don't use Transitions lenses any more, and went back to clip-on shades. But now I'm curious. I've got a reflex II (1x24) with the 12.9 MOA triangle reticle, but don't think I've ever used it with my shades on. I'll have to try that for the halibut.

4. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

I do not remember the exact model; it had a mount to fit on the carry handle of an AR-15. I BORROWED it to see if I liked it before I parted with the big bucks to buy one.

Sure glad!!