triggers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by moneymaker17, Aug 8, 2011.

1. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

what is the lightest ar15 trigger?
    i have a stage 2 rra i feel like its not good enough.. help lol :confused:

ive tryed to lube it up a little, break it in. its just not as light as i like.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

My Timmney 4# is perfect for me. It's light yet not dangerously so.

4. JRDale

JRDale New Member

I'm just starting to look in to the AR platform for a hunting rifle long range. So any info is helpful. What exactly is a 2 stage trigger? And what makes it better than just a standard trigger?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

2stage means there is spring tension before the trigger hits the sear. Once it makes contact it stops moving and then you continue to apply pressure to release the sear. The tension on first stage prevents the firearm from going off when dropped or a hard blow struck.

Two stage are derived from the need to use a rifle in hand to hand combat with a round in the chamber safety off allowing the soldier to use the butt of the stock as a club and not shoot himself.

The practical translation in target shooting means you can get a really crisp light pull and still have the spring tension for a safe gun in hunting.

Some folks dont understand the difference between creep and the first stage of a 2 stage trigger. For the money in a AR15 you really cant beat the rra 2stage.

With my national match ar15 rra 2 stage trigger im sub moa with open sights at 300 yards. Its a damn fine trigger.

6. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

7. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just can't say enough good about this Timney trigger, 3lbs, and feels 100% safe. Is the smoothest trigger I have ever felt in an auto loader.

Pricey though