Trigger

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dog2000tj, Apr 16, 2011.

1. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

On my STAG AR15 I installed a RRA NM 2 stage trigger. While at the range testing out new magazines and targets I was also shooting for speed. The 2 stage proved to be a little bit uncomfortable for me while doing this. It's a very good trigger and I like it in my AR458 but for this particular rifle I want to try out a good single stage trigger. What trigger do you folks recommend?

2. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

These, Some of the best triggers out there. Gonna put one of their triggers on my varmint gun as soon as funds allow.

Geissele Triggers

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I prefer just a good mil-spec single stage trigger in all but a precision type rifle. Polish up the surfaces a bit and it will be crisp and problem free for a long time.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've found the triggers in Stag LPKs are very good. I've used three kits now and each was noteworthy. If it works for you, a pretty cheap trigger and you have the rest of the kit as spare parts.

5. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

For bench and hunting i went with a 3# Timney. Just be aware they are not the best for .556 milspec ammo with harder primers. But fine for .223 and reloads.
    A Geissele will give you the best compramise of a good trigger that fires milspec ammo fine.( From what I have read )
    I also like the Stag LPK triggers, good, but not the best for benchwork.
    There are many other choices for the AR. Good luck !

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If you're putting it it a battle type rifle the 3lb trigger will be to light. I have a 4lb Timmney in my DD and its boarderline.

7. russ

russ New Member

A worked over milspec trigger from Bill Springfield that uses a JP spring set is a good option for a single stage that won't break the bank. I'm very pleased with the one in my LR308.

8. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

I agree and would not have one in my home D., SHTF, AR. Three pound trigger under stress would not be a good combo. I have a Kimber .45 by my bed w/ a light trigger and feel sorry for whom ever it gets pointed at. God forbid it should ever happen.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. I intended this to be more of a battle rifle so I'm going to order up a STAG LPK and try it out. Worst comes to worse I'll have extra lower parts.

Thanks again :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No why did you have to go and post that? :mad: Hmmmm, let me ponder this dilemma a little more :rolleyes: ..... thanks Cane ;)

BTW, are you bringing MAGNUM PIG to the meet and greet?

12. WDB

WDB New Member

Single stage is the way to go, wish I had Canes bank roll to buy the one he suggested. IMHO that is a lot of coin for a trigger, all the same if I could I would.

13. jhog

jhog New Member

1+ Just got my lower finished with a Bill Springfield LPK w/3# trigger and it feels great. Haven't taken it to the range yet. $ wise, to me it was a good deal.

14. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I have a Jard trigger in 1 of my ARs and a Chip McCormick in my other. I can HIGHLY recommend the Jard. It breaks very crisp at about 1.5#. It's been 100% reliable at that weight too. I'd recommend you get at least a 3# for yours though.