Trigger

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by glock73, Jun 27, 2014.

1. glock73

glock73 New Member

Have a question. Has anyone installed and used what they call a flat trigger? I have looked at a Wilson combat and a 10-8 flat trigger. Just wondering how good they are and wondering if they are any better then a curved trigger.

Glock73

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The concept of different length triggers is to help the shooter obtain a comfortable trigger position for their finger. Having a flat surface helps to extend the trigger a tad more.

I have found that the medium length trigger works best for me, and I have not tried the flat trigger.

Some of the "fads" used to upgrade the 1911 are not worth it. Some "fads" are worth their weight in gold.
    But they still offer a way to make your 1911 yours.

3. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I fitted a flat trigger to my CZ,75/SPO1 I fitted one to change the handgun to single action, the trigger to do that happened to be flat, I like it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  4. Bidah

Bidah New Member

I used both the curved and flat triggers. The flat trigger seems to have a love/hate relationship with people. One nice feature with the flat trigger is that it can be pulled from anywhere on the face. So, if your hand sits low and your finger would prefer to be low (or high), it works better than a curved one. The length you need needs to match too.

I really like it, and may change out my others for a flat.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

comes down to personal preference in what works for an individual.

thats said, i have tried only one, and can't say i cared for it.

of course, after using curved triggers on guns for over 40 years, it's probably hard to convince myself that they will work better for me.

only thing i can say, is try it out for yourself. it may be what works great for you.

6. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Totally and completely wrong. The center of a curved trigger is the same as the entire flat trigger. THEY ARE NOT LONGER. I put them on all my carry guns because because in a stressful situation I want the trigger to feel the same no matter where my finger lands. I promise they are not a fad and are growing in popularity. They make them in long, medium and if you will give Joe Chambers a call he makes a few runs of short flat triggers every year if you like short triggers.

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

OOPS double post.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You are correct that they provide the same pull no matter where the finger lands. But most commercial triggers are longer in the middle where the finger normally lands with a curved.

One could take almost any trigger and grind the curve out.

The key is to find which length works best for the individual.

Another option is the Caspian Trik Trigger.
    http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/index.htm?avs|Make_3=1911&f_a=13

9. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

But most commercial triggers are longer in the middle where the finger normally lands with a curved.

No they are not. If you take a long flat trigger and grind the standard trigger curve in it you will have a medium trigger. The entire face of a flat trigger is the same as the short point of a curved trigger. And the Caspian Trik trigger is pretty cool and I have one on my GSG. The edges are a little rough and some sand them just a tad to smooth that out.

[​IMG]

Ruger with a custom flat trigger I carry in the winter at times.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014