Trigger Without Safety Tab?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by NorthMtn, Sep 29, 2011.

1. NorthMtn

NorthMtn New Member

Is anyone aware of a modified trigger for G23 Gen 4's and G21 Gen 3's that DON'T have the hinged safety tab attached?

The tab is the only feature of my Glocks that I don't like or need.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
    It's the size of the fight in the dog!

2. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

No, but it's easy to fix. Just take an X-acto blade and scrape the leading edge of the pivoting piece until it doesn't stick out so far. You can also just use super glue and glue the pivot in place.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont see how it can hinder anything, ur finger should naturally press it in when you apply your finger on the trigger. Ive never heard of the trigger safety tab being a hinderance of operation

4. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

It's really annoying to a lot of people because the moving part does not lay down flat with the trigger face. A lot of people shave the leading edge enough to make it feel smooth. It's a very poorly made part and does not lend itself to a comfortable trigger feel.

5. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thats a new one for me too. I havent heard of the trigger thingy problem.

6. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

i agree, i never would thought that could be a issue:confused:

7. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

When I first got my 35, the sharp edge on that saftey lever was really bugging the pad on my trigger finger. Also, it had a uneven trigger face. I reworked it to where it was pretty smooth.

8. NorthMtn

NorthMtn New Member

When shooting my 21 and 23 the hinged tab doesn't lay flush with the trigger face when I'm firing.

Maybe it's psychological but I don't fell 100% "in control" with my trigger finger because of this.

I may try a combination of ideas offered here. Partial removal of the tab and super glue the remaining section of the tab.

Thanx!

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

The trigger safety also acts as a drop safety, if the gun is dropped on the rear the trigger safety keeps the trigger bar from moving rearward.

10. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Get a Kahr. Its similar to a Glock, well-made, thinner, and devoid of a trigger dingus.

11. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Maybe you can make it smoother, but removing it completely or gluing it (disabling it) is a lawsuit waiting to happen if by some miracle you manage to have a negligent discharge.

I can hear the DA talking about how the safety was tampered with and of course Glock will be free of any responsibility since you disabled one of their 3 well thought safeties.

Not to mention that if you ever sell the gun, you'll be liable if the next owner have some sort of accident with the gun, or to sell it in good standing a new trigger assembly have to be bought and installed.

IMO if it bothers you that much sand it smooth with the other surface, or maybe Glock isn't the gun for you and get another brand without that thingy

12. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

I thought I had seen some aftermarket triggers without the safety tab (?) Install one and then you would avoid having it look as though it had been intentionally modified to defeat a safety.

13. NorthMtn

NorthMtn New Member

I agree that there may be liability concerns if I modify the trigger assembly.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but having been in law enforcement and the Marine Corps, the tab on both my G21 and G23 doesn't lay flush with the trigger face when firing.

No, it's not causing me to scream in pain but it's like have a great pair of comfortable shows with a pebble in the heel. Okay, how's that for an analogy? !? ;)

14. NorthMtn

NorthMtn New Member

"Shoes" not "shows"......

15. uberfedora

uberfedora New Member

I also have a problem with the Safety Action tab on my Glock 17, Gen 4. If you have bigger hands, or longer fingers, you probably do not have the problem that I do. Sometimes the tab sticks out further from its slot than at other times. When it is sticking too far and I try to place my finger on the trigger, I end up pushing the tab just enough sideways, causing it to hang up or bind, preventing me from pulling the trigger, unless I readjust the position of my finger. If the tab is not sticking out like this, I can easily pull the trigger without being hampered.