Trigger Spring

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by DodgeThis, Dec 22, 2013.

1. DodgeThis

DodgeThis New Member

Hello all,

I have done a little searching and haven't happened upon anything like what I am looking for. I was hoping for a tidbit from you. What I want is probably going to sound a bit odd to you, but I am wanting a heavier trigger pull on my S&W M&P 40. It's completely factory right now, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, as someone who is used to a 8-10lb trigger on a primary carry piece, the 4.5lb I currently have is a little nerve racking. As for all of you that are about to jump on the keep your finger off the trigger thing, I know that. I am totally aware that if you don't touch the boom switch it stays quiet. But I personally am the type of guy that likes to feel that longer stiffer squeeze. I have always carried a DA wheel gun or a DA/SA pistol. I do realize that my M&P is a DAO, but it's a very light crisp feel which is great for precise target shooting. But the thing is that I don't use thing pistol for that, I have a fun target handgun. I like the way feels as is, but still am more comfortable with what I want. So, if any you know where I can find a stronger spring to put in place on my pistol, much thanks would be obliged.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

contact S&W and see if there is a stiffer replacement spring available.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ask them for a Massachusetts compliant trigger kit.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

4. DodgeThis

DodgeThis New Member

Could you enlighten me please. I'm not sure about Mass. compliant. Are they bound by laws that determine the minimum trigger pull?

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

May have been for their Law Enforcement Personnel, like the NY trigger for the Glock. It was to prevent negligent discharges by police officers, to lower liability to the department.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes. Guns sold in Massachusetts must have a minimum pull weight by law.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I second that.