Trigger replacement

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Squawk, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Looking to upgrade my standard trigger. What are some good triggers? Not looking to spend more than $150.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Timney cost more than your budget. RRA match triggers or Gisele. Good luck finding them though

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

LWRC is pretty good, may be above your budget, most really good triggers may be above your budget right now with the buying craze

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

What kind of trigger do you want? What budget? There are milspec replacements in the $50 range which tend to be an upgrade if your standard trigger is too gritty, sloppy. If you already have a decent milspec trigger then there's very little, or even no, improvement at this price range.

5. FullautoUSA

A good trigger job can make a world of difference, just polish the trigger and it will fell much better

6. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I got the JP yellow spring reduction kit for $10 and it made my trigger go from feeling like dragging down a gravel road to something worth using. It's sold on ebay as well, but don't pay more than $15-$20 shipped

7. FullautoUSA

I hate that heavy pull that some guns get like the SCAR 16, it is the ultimate rifle other than that hard pull.

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

My DPMS was like that brand new. It was quite irritating. I didn't think the spring kit could really do to much, but for $10 I gave it a try. My local range in indoor only and has a max distance of about 81 feet, but I can kill a gnat at that distance nowadays. (which isn't all to impressive for the distance, but prior to the trigger it was more like a parakeet)

9. FullautoUSA

I hate squeaky triggers too, my M4177 pellet rifle has began to squeak a little and since it doesn't tear down like a regular AR, I have know idea how to oil the trigger, hoping it will just break in, only have about 300-400 rounds through it