Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my standard trigger. What are some good triggers? Not looking to spend more than $150.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Timney cost more than your budget. RRA match triggers or Gisele. Good luck finding them though

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
What kind of trigger do you want? What budget? There are milspec replacements in the $50 range which tend to be an upgrade if your standard trigger is too gritty, sloppy. If you already have a decent milspec trigger then there's very little, or even no, improvement at this price range.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I got the JP yellow spring reduction kit for $10 and it made my trigger go from feeling like dragging down a gravel road to something worth using. It's sold on ebay as well, but don't pay more than $15-$20 shipped

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
I got the JP yellow spring reduction kit for $10 and it made my trigger go from feeling like dragging down a gravel road to something worth using. It's sold on ebay as well, but don't pay more than $15-$20 shipped
I hate that heavy pull that some guns get like the SCAR 16, it is the ultimate rifle other than that hard pull.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I hate that heavy gritty pull that some guns get
My DPMS was like that brand new. It was quite irritating. I didn't think the spring kit could really do to much, but for $10 I gave it a try. My local range in indoor only and has a max distance of about 81 feet, but I can kill a gnat at that distance nowadays. (which isn't all to impressive for the distance, but prior to the trigger it was more like a parakeet)

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
My DPMS was like that brand new. It was quite irritating. I didn't think the spring kit could really do to much, but for $10 I gave it a try. My local range in indoor only and has a max distance of about 81 feet, but I can kill a gnat at that distance nowadays. (which isn't all to impressive for the distance, but prior to the trigger it was more like a parakeet)
I hate squeaky triggers too, my M4177 pellet rifle has began to squeak a little and since it doesn't tear down like a regular AR, I have know idea how to oil the trigger, hoping it will just break in, only have about 300-400 rounds through it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts