Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Allday, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Allday

Allday New Member

I have a Sig AR15 and it has a very hard trigger. Can the trigger be adjusted? If anyone has info on this I would like to hear. Thanks

2. NCcrimedog

NCcrimedog New Member

It can be adjusted, a current better option to me is replacement trigger/fire control . Such as timney or Gisselle , Rock river arms. I would have a gunsmith install them unless you are comfortable with doing it yourself. The mil spec trigger parts are surfaced hardened and you really need to know what you are doing if you decide to adjust your current trigger pull.

3. Allday

Allday New Member

Thanks do you have the web sites

4. Allday

Allday New Member

Found them Thanks

5. Allday

Allday New Member

Those are nice but I am still wondering it the orignal trigger can be adjusted. If anyone has done this I would like a little info. Thanks

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

With the hardness on the surface of the original pieces, I would not attempt to adjust if I were not totally familiar with them.

Some things are better left to a gunsmith, and the trigger group is not an area to try experiments.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. NCcrimedog

NCcrimedog New Member

I agree with him, I can plug in new parts, but stoning and what not the sear is beyond any thing I can do. Go see a gunsmith, they are good people and normally are very reasonable with their prices. Support you local gun mechanic!