Trigger not Resetting all the time

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by danf_fl, Oct 14, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I did an inexpensive build.

During firing, the trigger does not reset every time (but it does reset most of the time). I have to pull the trigger again, then it resets.

I have approximately 150 rounds through it and I am thinking it has to do with the trigger spring.

Any ideas?

2. Poltax

Poltax New Member

I had something similar happen to me. I took the upper off the lower, then disassembled the trigger and put it all back together. It has worked just fine since then. The only thing that I could figure out was some foreign matter had gotten down into the trigger assembly and caused it to malfunction once in awhile.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

take the fire control group out and reassemble its possible to get the install a little wrong and cause those issues

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Make sure the hammer spring and trigger spring are installed correctly. I haven't had the problem you describe where pulling the trigger would get it to reset. I have seen the disconnector fail to grab the hammer and prevent it from following the carrier. This can happen from installing the disconnector spring upside down and not allowing the disconnector to have full travel.