trigger lock for 870 w/ pistol grip

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by fatwood, Mar 8, 2014.

1. fatwood

fatwood New Member

Hello all

Recently bought a Remington 870 and just added the House Tamer pistol grip. Problem is, my trigger lock no longer fits. I am sure I am not the first to run into this, but can't find any info on a replacement lock that will work. Any suggestions?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Why do you need to lock the trigger? Perhaps to lock it when you are not at home?

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

How old is your 870? Not sure on the year, nut I picked up mine in early 2005, and it has a built in trigger lock. If you look at the left hand side of the trigger guard you should see a funny shaped hoke in that side of the safety button and 2 dots on the guard it's self. To use it you push the safety to safe, insert the key, and turn the button until the line is lined up with the white dot. To unlock it you follow the same procedure and align thr line with the red dot. Your key should be a funny looking green tuse thatr came with your shotgun.

You will also find instructions on the above in your owner's manual. If you picked up the shotgun used, one can be downloaded at Remington's website.

4. fatwood

fatwood New Member

Exactly. I have two kids, both teens and really good kids, but even the best kids can do stupid things at times.

The lock that came with the gun worked great with the standard stock, but does not fit now

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

6. RePete

RePete New Member