Trigger Bar Spring

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by jrfusatf, Mar 31, 2014.

1. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

While cleaning my 92FS my trigger bar spring came free I thought I installed correctly but now my trigger won't reset when fired, I need to push trigger forward to take the next shot. Im assuming I installed it wrong, bottom of spring in small set hole and top of spring in grove, need help!!

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Did the spring loose tension? Maybe you reversed it by accident? Strange, I have 3 92 pattern Guns( an SB/F which is now called the FSB, an M9A1, and a Taurus PT-92 Target Stainless) and that Has never happened,...you want to look( if you have a Droid or iOS device) for a book in App form on the 92. I have these for most of my Firearms on my iPad...also Beretta 's site( I think u have to be a member tho) has PDFs of all the owners manuals. Found that helpful when I got the M9A1 used with no box or book,...just 3 mags. and the Gun.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Correct orientation of the spring

[​IMG]

How it sits in the frame

[​IMG]

How it sits in the transfer bar

[​IMG]

Make sure the bar did not pop out and sits flush to the frame when the spring is installed. Its easiest to do with the hammer cocked and the bar pushed flush and up

4. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

I did pop out the trigger bar and I reinstalled that's when I had the issue with the trigger, so I'm assuming the trigger bar is wrong, it does not sit flush and seems to have too much play like the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Did you reinstall the trigger bar return spring. I can't get a good pic but this video shows how. Mine is a bit dirty and doesn't show well.

Without that in correct the bar will flop around

[ame]http://youtu.be/IkEJMzdvla0[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

Thank you! Will try when I get back home will let you know how I make out. My 92fs has 5000 rounds, should I replace the springs and the factory trigger??

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

5000-7500 is recoil spring replacement. I typically respring everything else in my guns at the 10k mark just be sure.

Are you talking the trigger or trigger return spring??

The 92fs doesn't put much stress on the springs and they can go decades of use excepting the recoil spring which should be changed as above.

8. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

All springs in the gun, I was deciding on replacing recoil spring and rod with the Beretta upgrade package, comes with the steel recoil rod and special coated recoil spring for $26.95, and thanks for the help!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

If you have the plastic recoil rod keep it. Its a vastly superior rod to the steel one. The weak point in the action itself is the recoil guide rod getting a bit gritty with dirt and the gun will start having cycling issues. This doesn't happen with the plastic one. Get the recoil spring from wolff springs. http://www.gunsprings.com awesome cs and great products.

Your a ways from needing to do all springs but the recoil spring is at the minimum for replacement.

10. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

I just want to thank everyone for there help, i realized after watching youtube video (thanks JonM) i did not reinstall trigger spring correctly when I removed the trigger bar, after watching video several times I realized the spring was not sitting on top of trigger bar rod, once fixed trigger working great. Good note; i will have no problem replacing thought springs when needed, thanks again!! John

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

Your welcome

12. DrFootball

i'll just add that I never had an issue with any spring I bought from Wolf Either. They are just about the best in the biz.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just one more of many misinformed half truths out there about the current 92's is the so-called polymer trigger.

The trigger is steel coated with polymer. Berreta added the poly coating because under wet sweaty or glove wearing conditions the trigger finger can slip off the non-poly coated triggers. Lots of folks stupidly swap out the coated steel triggers for non-coated steel triggers.

The safety levers are another thing that is foolishly replaced. The older steel safety levers are more likely to snap than the polymer levers if dropped or struck hard.

Berreta didn't make these changes cuz they felt like it, they did it so the gun was more servicable under extreme abuse. People change these out thinking polymer is less rugged when the opposite is true when it comes to small parts under certain use and conditions.

14. DrFootball

The only thing id ever replace, and have only once, is a Barrel.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

What really draws me to the m9 is its one of the few handguns that utilize chromed bores.

I've got two barrels both factory chromed one is threaded.

16. DrFootball

Not my 92SB/F or my M9A1. I mean I never replaced those. I did on the Taurus Pt-92 Stainless Target. I put in a Bar-Sto 5.25" Match....