Trigger and hammer and sights

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Kamarathin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Would you recommend any particular changes to the trigger and hammer for a milspec ria 1911 that will be a primary carry gun?

How about sights?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No- A GI is perfect as is IF you wanted a GI :rolleyes:

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

A carry gun should not be confused with range/target gun. The GI Mil Spec is already set up for personal defense, low profile / no snag sights, significant trigger pull. Personal defense is point & shoot.

Spend your upgrade money on a second 1911 with adjustable sights for the range.

With the above said, if I send you a $1.50 it should get you a cup of coffee. ;)

4. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Thanks. Wasn't sure if the RIA version would need any tweaking in that respect.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The GI performs really well as is, but i have to admit that i cant leave well enough alone. I wanted some stainless parts on mine to give it a slight two tone appearance, so i switched some stuff out. Mine came with hump and bump sights but ive always trained with night sights so i switched the sights out with Trijicon night sights.

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

If it performs as you need it to I'd leave it alone but if there are things that you would want you to do to make it more comfortable for you to shoot it and shoot it well, I would highly recommend that as well.

7. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Learn from my mistakes and they are legion but I had my Colt Officers trigger worked on so I could compete in IPSC w it. Now It has a 2.5 lb trigger and is not suited for carry but Great at the range.

I love the extended safety & slide release - money well spent !

But I do love adj sights - especially if you don't reload or have problems finding a load that hits POA.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012