Triangular endcaps

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by 556plinker, Apr 24, 2010.

1. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

Will the quadrails accept the triangular endcap???? Or am I going to have to take the sight off and replace it with a round one? Probably a DUMB question but I'm new to the AR platform so please forgive me.

2. moshpit

moshpit New Member

Most likely, the triangle endcap will not work with most quad rails. BUT, I do know for example that the UTG free floating quad rails I got mount outside and around the endcap, not in it, so they MAY work, I just don't know.

3. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

Thanks MOSHPIT

UTG is the only brand I have come across that acknowlegdes the triangle configuration. I'm thinking of putting a free float quad on with a flip up front gas block sight which would eliminate the need for an endcap anyway so I guess it is a moot point.

THANKS!

4. moshpit

moshpit New Member

You'll like the UTG quad rail. I love mine.

5. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

I might just do that...I'll have to spend $80 on a YHM sight anyway. I've found one major problem with these AR's....I can't make up my mind. There are way too many options, but that is a good thing. I think I'll just forget about it for awhile. I just got back from a Gunshow and now I'm really confused. AK's were going from 385 to 650 and the Ar's were starting at 600.....just a barometer for anybody who cares.

6. moshpit

moshpit New Member

I have the front and back YHM flip ups and love them. Excellent quality.