transfer fee?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by smokinbunta, Apr 11, 2011.

1. smokinbunta

smokinbunta New Member

Hi everyone, I've been thinking about making an online order for my shotgun. But I've never ordered online before, now i know that it needs to be sent to my area FFL for me the pick up. Whats the average going rate for this? I'd like to buy local, but during these times saving some money might be a better idea. What i am wanting to know is that for what i would save from ordering online from say..Budsgunshop... that once i pay the fees to my FFL if it would end up costing the same. And what about sales tax? Does that work the same as other goods from out of state? where i don't have to pay for it? And do i need to let my local FFL know of this before i purchase online and have it shipped there?

Thanks,
    Ray

2. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Call your local FFL and ask. Around here it's anywhere between $60 and $160 for an out of state transfer depending on where you go.

3. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

WOW!!

Here it's around $20-50 for transfer fee's, That doesn't include shipping.

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Seriously. Life as usual in the Peoples Republik :p

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

HOLY CRAP!!!!:eek::eek: My old FFL didn't charge me for transfers in or out. In my current town it goes from $20-30 at local shops and if you want to get screwed just head on over to Gander Mountain and you'll pay $50.

There was an old guy that would only charge $10 but he stopped doing transfers a little while back.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Even more important than the fee is finding an FFL that will actually do the transfer. Many will not receive a gun that they carry in stock - or they charge a ridiculous fee for doing so. Do ALL the homework up front, including a personal visit to the FFL before buying...

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's a new one on me. I've never run into a dealer that wouldn't do a transfer in or out and the cost was always the same. interesting.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It's actually pretty common, especially around Atlanta...

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

$20 transfer fee here in Arkansas usually, unless you go to a couple of d-bag places which I avoid like the plague. :rolleyes:

10. cmhill

cmhill New Member

we charge 25.00 per gun per transfer here in south georgia but prices around vary up to 40.00. You will need to contact your local ffl first to see if they are willing to make the transfer they will then need to make contact with the seller to exchange ffl's .

11. smokinbunta

smokinbunta New Member

hum... so... unless u live in commifornia its not so bad.. lol.. now what about the sales tax? any idea about that?

12. cmhill

cmhill New Member

sales tax is usually not charged if the seller is not in your state