Training Idea

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ShootSlowly, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ShootSlowly

ShootSlowly New Member

Ok lets say you are preparing for a shooting competition, what if you had a lazer mounted to your gun that fires when you partially pull the trigger but the gun only fires when you pull the trigger completely; you could essentially test your accuracy by watching where the lazer hits rather than using ammunition? Given that you are practicing with an unloaded gun, how feasible is this as a practice method? Thanks

2. ARShooter

ARShooter New Member

something like this? http://www.rovatec.com/bullite.php

I think plain old dry firing gives you a pretty good non range pratice. I know when I am dry firing it is pretty obvious when I pull the trigger where the sights are after the click. For saftey I use a "Snap Cap" in the chamber, They are fairly cheap and after the dry fire I run a failer drill to cycle the next. That and they want $250 for that laser system, that is a lot of money that can go for ammo.

3. gold

gold New Member

well,
    next time i have to be careful with my sniper..
    i standed wrong..
    and it hit my face!
    painful..
    just like a baseballstick hitting jou...

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

In some competitions, that could be a violation of the rules. And, with my nerves shaking in competition, I would probably pull the trigger completely when trying to aim.