trail camera

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by collier281, Aug 24, 2014.

1. collier281

collier281 New Member

gentlemen
    any suggestion on a trail camera. price range to $100.00
    thanks

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Collier,

Cuddeback has several different models at various prices. But I will tell you of all the trail cameras I have had none compare to the Cuddebacks! I now have 5 of them and they are dependable and simple to set and operate! When you put them up and set them you can assure they are going to take good pictures. You get what you pay for!

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I have several Moultrie cameras for that price and so far love them. My problem with buying more expensive cameras is them getting stolen. Between one of my sons and myself we have had 7 stolen in the last 3 years. This is on private land (4 different farms)that is posted like crazy.

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

That sucks. I have a few of my cameras mounted on metal stands that I welded together,and then concreted into a 5 gallon bucket. They weigh about 100 lbs each,so if someone wants to steal them,they are going to be pretty tired by the time they get back to their vehicle with them.
    I also lock all of the cameras with python cables,and padlocks,if they want to steal them they will have to break the camera's body first.

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Funny trail cam story... My friend had been eyeing this big 8 pointer for weeks on his trail cam, back when it still had velvet...
    Come hunting season opening day, like how my luck is, he didn't see this deer for a few days.
    He pulls the card on his trail cam, and there it is... Some hunter climbing his deer stand, shooting his deer and dragging it off... All caught on camera.
    We ribbed him endlessly about it even to this day.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Just bought a Stealth Cam from SAMs for $99. Pretty pleased with it so far! Time/date/temp. You can also name it so you know the pics from others. Supposed to run a year on 8 AA's.
    Have my eyes on a wifi card for it now!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk