Tragedy at gun range in Nevada

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by winds-of-change, Aug 27, 2014.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Why would ANYONE put a full auto in the hands of a petite nine year old girl? I have shot a full auto Tommy gun and I couldn't handle it blasting away. Three shot blasts was all I could handle. This is INSANE and will not bode well for us gun owners. And it's not that it was a dreaded Uzi but that it was a full auto. I shot a Uzi that was not full auto and it was a sweet rifle.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=tragedy+at+nevada+gun+range&tbm=nws

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nge-mishap-popular-tourism-attraction-n190081

2. winds-of-change

And I see it was an Uzi pistol. Not even a rifle she could brace against a shoulder or hold at her hip. SHEESH!! Are people CRAZY?? That instructor was very wrong to put a gun like that in a child's hands.

3. winds-of-change

Life changing event for all individuals and families involved.

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

5. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

Idiot parents -
    Idiot instructor -
    Tragic for the girl, who must live with this.

Prayers for her and her family, and for the family of the instructor as well.

6. winds-of-change

That video stops just a shot or two short of the fatal round that hit that instructor in the head.

I hope they all had a wonderful vacation. And that girl will have an interesting essay "What I did on my summer vacation".

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

During a Lesson?????

What lesson could he be teaching a 9 year old with a full auto?????

That is like "Here hold my beer and watch this" type of moments.

8. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I feel sorry for the little girl. She's going to have to live with this tragedy for the rest of her life. I hope she can understand it wasn't her fault.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

it was horrible. i too was thinking the same thing. one bad choice effected a lot of people. im all for training kids, having them shoot. but come on shes never shot before and was shootin ga small hard to control full auto. the blame for this tragic event lays 100% on the instructor, and business. the instructor already paid the price for his mistake.

10. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

I guess we all thought the same thing

When I first read this my very first thought was "WTF was this guy doing showing a 9 year old girl how to shoot a full auto UZI ?" Serious ?

Very tragic...

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

An eight year old boy killed himself with a micro-Uzi in 2008 when the recoil turned the gun around.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4w1TZ5wBuI[/ame]

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

More attacks on our gun rights because of this. You wait and see.

RIP to the foolish adult that was at fault here. I will not cloud the name Instructor, by affording him that title.

She was 60 pounds, frail, 9 year old little girl. Who hands a semi auto pistol to a child like that, let alone a full auto pistol?

That company needs to be closed. The parents are also at fault, for letting their kid shoot such a firearm.

Lots of three piece suits will get rich off of this tragedy.

13. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

It is even worse than that -
    Her parents did not just LET her shoot, they paid HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS for her to shoot a full auto pistol!

Good lord, my first gun was not even a repeater, it was a bolt action single shot that you had to cock by hand to fire it after you had put a bullet in and closed the bolt.

14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I agree with all here on this Thread. But the real tragedy is the little girl! OMG what was he thinking? And then even being a stupid thing to do in the beginning why was he standing at the side of the weapon!!!!!!! Should have never happened! What a Sad incident! And it was not her fault at all! Hope it does not affect her for life! They better get her to someone who is a professional and also weapon knowledgeable to help her deal with it and overcome any guilt she has. The instructor obviously suffered from a sever case of Cranial Rectitis!

15. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

16. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Maybe it's not a bright idea to give fully automatic weapons to small children?

I dunno, just a thought. To each his own.

17. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

18. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Why 9 year old girls need to play soccer........insteadof shooting Uzi's

OK this is just plain crazy:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-shooting-range-instructor-killed-girl-uzi-n189611

somewhere in the middle of all this one has to ask a couple of questions:

why would you hand an obvious inexperienced shooter and child a fully auto firearm? her body language clearly says "I'm not big enough for this sh*t"

why was the instructor standing beside her (instead of behind?)

more cannon fodder for the anti-gunners.....we sure make it easy sometimes!~

19. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

We were just watching a Video clip of the news report. I have been past that spot and range each time we drive to Vegas. The News media spun it around "why was a kid on a Gun Range" it's like, they question the parenting skills and the "Laws need to be changed" thing.

A) even supervised, Select fire arms are not for kids.

B) The Instructor here is in question because he Should have assisted her by "Hand over Hand" method.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh