Trading

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Kenneth66, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Kenneth66

Kenneth66 New Member

I have a friend has a Rem. 700 BDL in 222 that has had two rounds fired though it , he has offered me , but in trade only . He has a lot of back problems and doesn't like to shoot anything with recoil . This really limits what I have to offer . The only thing I can think he might be remotely interested in is maybe a 452 Super Exclusive with a Japan Tasco 24X scope mounted in zee rings with a trigger kit I got from a fellow in Pa. The rifle and scope is in excellent condition and his rifle is in like new condition .
    If he is interested , what would you figure a fair boot would be for me to offer ?
    Kenneth

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Kenneth,
    I guess it would depend on what kind of Jap scope you have on it? Your rifle is selling new for about $425.00 then adding your rings and scope = Average value of your 22 rifle.
    And what does his 700 BDL rifle have as far as mounts or scope?

3. Kenneth66

Kenneth66 New Member

Tasco , sorry about that . His just the rifle , sporter barrel . But is like new .
    Around here a rifle like mine goes for about 375 , scope 175-200 . I just don't know what a like new 700 goes for .
    Kenneth

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

There are several 700 BDL 222 Remington rifles on Gunbroker. They range from $600 - $900,but most are varmint barrel models.
    The Japanese Tasco scope you have is actually a very good scope,and they bring good money if they are in great shape.

I'd say your rifle/scope + $100 for the Remington BDL 222,that's a fair deal.

5. Kenneth66

Kenneth66 New Member

Thanks , Kenneth