trading online

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by niteglock, Jan 22, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Hows the safest and best way to trade pistols with someone online? Were both using FFL's. I just want to make sure he ships his after recieving mine.

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

It's hard man. I was recently attempting to do this but the guy stopped communicating right when I was about to ship my end so I stopped in my tracks and decided against. I say don't do it man, based on my experience, but, if you must, Guage it by the other parties communication. Have your FFL help by communicating with this other person's FFL. They can coordinate shipping. Just drop guns of with them and have them wait until they revive tracking info or ship confirm from other end.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I would see if the other guys FFL can confirm acceptance of the pistol. Otherwise I would not trade a firearms with a stranger on faith. :(

4. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Yep, that's the ONLY way I'd do it..!

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Thanks guys. After he gives me his FFL guys info I will call the shop to see if he dropped of the gun to him and ask for tracking and ship confirm. I will do the same for him as well. I'm gonna be as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs this whole time. Uhhh.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

One option is to use a check as "good faith".
    A check is written by one party (normally the one who started the deal). Send the check. Upon receipt, the firearm is sent to an FFL. After receipt of firearm. the other firearm is sent with the check back to originator.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

That's interesting. I never heard of that.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've done it a couple dozen times-
    Only "problem" i've had was what i received was not exactly what was discribed or pictured (pics can be deceptive) but not enuff to raise hell about-
    Maybe i've just been lucky---