Trading Brass for Reloads

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by JosephMD, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

I don't plan to re-load, but I've been saving my brass for a while now. I know I can sell it for a few quid at a gun show but is it at all common for someone to trade brass for reloads? If so, what would be a fair ratio? For say, 5.56 or 9mm?

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

hmmm

100:1 That would get me thinking about. Not much less

3. mseric

mseric New Member

I don't shoot others Handloads, nor do I let others shoot my handloads. Your Mileage may Vary.

4. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I reloaded several thousand mixed case .223 and 5.56 with a just-above minimum load about two years ago.
    They use inexpensive, plated 55gr Spires

This has been my box of ammo that I use when shooting with others. I will let them fire my reloads.
    I think it's important to introduce others to the shooting sports. My reloads makes it more affordable.

I understand and accept the liability issue.

That said, I approached this question more as a mental exercise, than a business deal.

I also answered this to get the thread going, and up my post count.

My thought process included my availability to cases.... If cases were very hard to find, I could see a better ration .... 20:1 maybe.

What I really want tho' is quid... lot's of it.

5. jebsca

jebsca New Member

I have had a few people ask me to reload for them. I keep telling them to read up a bit and come over and use my press to load for them self. I have had one take me up on it, and he is hooked. He is woking on getting his own tools together now. Others have said they would, but that was the last of it.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

It is not legal to handload ammunition then sell it. Requires a proper manufacturer ffl to do that.

Thread closed. Op please repost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.