trade?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by old fart, Jun 24, 2013.

1. old fart

old fart Member

i have a stoeger cougar 40 cal gun and 600rds of ammo, i have a chance to trade to a blue ruger sercurity six in near new condition and draw $150 to boot. the ruger has less than a box of ammo through it and has the wood grips that are like new as well. it has a 4 inch barrel with adjustable sights. is this a good trade? thanks

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I would make the trade.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought you traded that last month. :confused:

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

I would do it, but that's because I love revolvers. Bear in mind you'll lose out on a fair amount of ammo in trading off the 40

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Which gun do you prefer? Don't over think it, go with your gut instinct.

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Do you dislike the Stoeger?

7. old fart

old fart Member

the stoeger is a nice gun but i've always been a revolver guy and this sercurity six would pass as a new one except it has a very light turn ring. all blueing is 100%, the only thing that bothers me is they aren't made any more and even tho i don't shoot much i wonder about parts

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Beautiful. Yeah I'd do it.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Except for the ammo you'd be a dummy NOT to trade-
    I'd either hold back on ammo or ask for a little more boot-
    BTW- I'd trade two stoegers for a Ruger ;)

10. Seven

Seven New Member

I see your conundrum. I honestly think the Stoeger Cougar is one of the most underrated handguns ever.
    Then again, the Ruger is a tank.

Really (to me) it would come down to what your use for the gun is.
    For a carry gun, I'd keep the Stoeger. I'm a fan of capacity over caliber.

If it was a gun just to keep, I'd trade for the Ruger.

If you're looking at future value, trade.

A bazillion ways to look at it. Good luck!

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO, the Stoeger Cougar is a good pistol, but i'd make that trade in a minute!

that Ruger looks great. and part of my reasoning is, they don't make the Ruger Single Six anymore. it's great pistol and i have enjoyed everyone of them i have shot in the past.

12. LastRound

LastRound New Member

The reason you never had two Stoegers is simple... They weren't Security Sixes.
    Unfortunately, the addiction has begun.....

Congrats!

13. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Parts arent difficult to find. I have a service six (fixed sights) and absolutely love it. Its a general purpose sidearm that can do almost any job you need. New grips are recommended. Depending on if you want black rubber or various hardwood, there are several choices. Look for mustang grips on ebay. Holsters can stipl be found. If you do trade and have any questions on recommendations than send me a pm.

14. silverback57

silverback57 New Member

I have recently gotten into the security six's and parts can be found online gunbroker etc. these are IMHO the best DA/SA 357 revolvers out there. they are the best mix of weight, balance and recoil absorption, the cylinder is slightly smaller than the gp 100. You won't be sorry in the least and you get $150.00 to boot. its a no brainer.

I am in the market for a 2 3/4 in barrel now myself.

15. old fart

old fart Member

well the deal fell through, i wanted to hold back 100rds to trade for 357 ammo so i could have ammo for the ruger. the guy got mad and said no and he would keep the ruger. i tried to message him but he ain't returning my email. this was a deal on a facebook group. oh well the stoeger is a good shooting gun. it would have been nice to get the ruger.

16. silverback57

silverback57 New Member

WOW!! that bites!! Just for 100 rounds? sorry the deal fell through. hopefully you will find another. I am currently seeking another 2 3/4 security six to add to my collection. they are great guns.

17. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

I would make that trade too. That's a damn fine revolver.

18. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Make the trade

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dam guys--Trade feel thru a month ago :confused: