Firearms Talk banner

Trade question.......advise needed please!!!!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  eborden1122 
#1 ·
I am going to trade today my beretta 96fs inox 40cal and my taurus pt 99 ss 9mm. Both of them are almost new in that i have owned them less than 6 months and have only shot them a couple of times. I want to trade them for a springer that i have seen there or another kimber. Im having a hard time choosing as i have never had a springer or i could get another kimber or even a sig or colt if i see one i like. What would you do? Thanks, Ed

#2 ·
You have two look-alike firearms that I would never consider owning and are thinking about trading them for my favorite handgun, the 1911?

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

Hey, you asked. (Read my siggy below.)

#3 ·
You have two look-alike firearms that I would never consider owning and are thinking about trading them for my favorite handgun, the 1911?

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

Hey Cane, my question is not whether to do the trade because I am. But as a collection question which brand 1911 should i go for. Currently i have two colts, two sig 1911's, one kimber and no springers. So what would be a better piece to add to my collection of 1911's?

#4 ·
Springfields are as close to colt as you can get without the horsey emblem. Springfirld frames are made on colt machinery in brazil. Very high quality.

#5 ·
Hey Cane, my question is not whether to do the trade because I am. But as a collection question which brand 1911 should i go for. Currently i have two colts, two sig 1911's, one kimber and no springers. So what would be a better piece to add to my collection of 1911's?
My canned response is Colt, but you've got the T-shirt so........................

I suggest you add a Springer.

I do have a Remington R1, nice basic 1911.

I am adding the COLT TIER III ANNIVERSARY to my collection.

I also have an Ithaca M1911A1 my dad carried from Normandy to Dachau 1944-45 so the new Ithaca 1911's hold some interest to me albeit a tad pricey. :eek:

#6 ·
My canned response is Colt, but you've got the T-shirt so........................

I suggest you add a Springer.

I do have a Remington R1, nice basic 1911.

I am adding the COLT TIER III ANNIVERSARY to my collection.

I also have an Ithaca M1911A1 my dad carried from Normandy to Dachau 1944-45 so the new Ithaca 1911's hold some interest to me albeit a tad pricey. :eek:

I have the same Remington 1911 and a Taurus PT 1911. The Springer was my first choice since i did not have one bit I wanted to get some opinions on what would be better to round out my collection. Thanks,Ed

#7 ·
I'd go for the Springer based on what you already own....which I'm highly jealous of anyway!! :D

#9 ·
I can highly recommend an SA Mil Spec or if you want a beavertail and some other goodies, go for a Loaded. The new Range Officer looks pretty good too if you want adjustable sights.

#10 ·
canebrake said:

My advice?

In a heartbeat!

The beretta inox should get a good return on a good note, so he should be able to get a nice 1911(operator or TRP).

#11 ·
Well I was set on getting the springer but then this KIMBER PRO RAPTOR II caught my eye and I was done for. It was a tad more expensive but it is so nice I could not put it down.

#12 ·
SA for sure. Quick question, how do you like the sig 1911s. I recently found out Texas state police swat uses sig 1911.
I love my Sig Sauer 1911's. Mine shoot great, feel great in my hand. Plus i have never had one problem with them. They have not failed one time. They shoot just as great as my Colt's and Kimber's. Go to my gallery "eddie's 1911's" and take a look. It's open to the public. Thanks, Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.