Trade offer

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by NGIB, May 7, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This one is killing me. A local fella has offered me a 70 series Colt Combat Commander even up for my S&W 617. I like the 617 but I'm terribly tempted to swap it for the Colt. It's in very nice shape and has been well cared for. The gun is satin nickle versus blued and that is a down side for me - looks good though.

What to do, what to do...

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Well, Both those book pretty close. It comes down to how much you want that Colt. Or maybe how much you would miss the Smith. If it was me I'd be really tempted. But I really enjoy my 1911's more than I do any wheel guns or my 22's in general.

I'm not big on the nickel finish pistols though. But it's a personal thing with me. That would more than likely would be the thing that made it a deal breaker.

3. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'd do it, but that's just me!

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Do you have any other 22 pistols? If so, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat!

5. SmokyBaer

SmokyBaer New Member

+2 but I'm a 1911 guy these days. :D

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

+3 I prefer stainless (cuz I lost power during hurricanes and the blued ones got a little rusty.)

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Yup, I have 2 other .22 pistols - but I also have 4 other 1911s...

8. freefall

freefall New Member

I'd keep the Smith. I'm thinking a Commander would be easier to find. Course I haven't been looking for either so I really don't know.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Get the Colt, or let me buy it!

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

One can never have enuff 1911's.