Trade my Glock

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by OUDAN, May 11, 2013.

1. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

I recently bought a Glock 26 I love the gun no issues with it at all other then the size. I know it's small but I recently held a XDS and the slimmed single stack is something I'd prefer at this point. If I have to fire that many times then I have a whole different issue. I don't want a .45 so the Xds is kinda out since the 9 mm won't be out for a while and will be overpriced. Does anyone have any suggestions of other smaller firearms. I do not want a revolver my wife has a Bodygaurd which is a solid choice I have thought about but I for some reason am partial to the 9mm. Anyways I'd love to hear all the suggestions

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

There's the Springfield EMP, it's a 1911, but built for carry, it's about as thin as you can get.

I've held a few, but never fired one. They feel good in the hand.

Available in 9mm and .40S&W

Attached Files:

3. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

S& W Shield..come s in 9 or .40....their are, however, illusive right now...so it may be some work finding one.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

+1 for the Shield. Less costly than he EMP. Although the EMP feels great in the hand.

Plus the Shield is tricker fired which is what you're used to.

5. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Kimber solo , para PDA

6. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

On a less pricey note id suggest the taurus 709 slim.nice gun especially for the price

7. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

That would be a +3 for the M&P Shield. I own one in 40 S&W and I love the thing. If your lookin to trade quality on quality, go with the shield.

8. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

+2 for the Kimber SOLO, great for CC and extremely reliable. Take another look at the XDs, I know it is not a 9mm but I love mine and it is also great for CC. Plus it packs a heck of a punch so hopefully you wont need as many shots. Three more 9mm's I would recommend because I use them myself would be a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II 3 inch barrel, Colt Defender and an H&K P2000SK. I have found all of these to be extremely reliable and easy to CC. Good luck with your search. Take care, Ed

9. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Any thoughts on the little Berretta Nano or the PX Storm I believe is what it's called?

10. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

I own a Glock 30sf and recently got to shoot an XDS and i was very impressed. Sounds like you're looking for a smaller carry. Ruger LCP or KelTec in either .380 or 9mm are excellent carry weapons. Pocket type guns give more options to carry and access quicker.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Either would be okay.
    When looking at a new firearm, also look at things like extra mags, holsters, ammo availability.

Mags are the Achilles heel of the semi-auto. If you only have the one that came with the gun new and it malfunctions, your firearm is of no use.

12. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Man I really want that XDS but I'm 5'5 150 I thnk a .45 might be a little much if it was in a 9 it would be done already! Totally understand the mags and stuff that's huge no doubt.

13. JW357

JW357 New Member

I've shot the Storm. Its a nice gun. A little bigger for a compact size, in my opinion. But it handles recoil very nicely. The Nano is smaller with less capacity. I haven't shot one.

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I like my Nano a lot. It's quite reliable and aims very naturally. I really enjoy the trigger and the recoil is very manageable. I'd suggest you get one in your hands for yourself.

15. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

The Nano is a tiny little 9mm. I have shot it but do not own one personally. My friend who has it has reported only one stoppage in its breaking period. after which has been completely reliable. The storm sub compacts gonna be around the same size as the 26 though. Good gun but kind of chunky.

16. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

I would suggest that you keep the G26 and just get a grip reduction and it will fit your hand much better. With the finger grooves removed and the back hump shaved down a bit, my 26 fits my hand like a glove and I shoot much better. My other 3 Glocks also have grip reductions with finger grooves removed. Try it or maybe you can find one at a gun shop or gun show to get the feel.

17. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Springfield XD9 subcompact....hands-down my favorite carry 9mm. Slim, light, accurate, reliable, holds 13

18. readygirl

readygirl New Member

SR9c.......:)

Attached Files:

19. rickster

rickster New Member

Taurus PT 709(9mm), PT 740(40 S&W), Ruger LC9(9mm).