Trade-in question for a pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by eborden1122, Jul 27, 2012.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a Sig Sauer P229 9mm DA/SA that I bought almost 2 years ago NIB. I want to trade it in for a new Sig Sauer 9mm or 45 with a DAK trigger. How much do you think I should get for the Sig I want to trade in? Its in great shape with no flaws. My local gun store does not have this in stock so do you think that would cause a problem as well? I want the new Sig with a DAK trigger because I shot my cop buddy Sig, its their issue gun(40cal), and the trigger pull was just awesome. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What was the overall difference for the preference? And I believe that you can upgrade the gun with a DAK trigger. You lose the decocking lever...

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Attached Files:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For trade in at a dealer, expect 50% of the book. First, regardless of condition, it is now a used gun. Second, he has overhead, and has to make a profit to stay in business. You may be better off having him sell it on consignment for you.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks c3. I neglected to say that. Must be slipping.

6. eborden1122

The DAK trigger is the main reason. My Sig is a two tone and I want an solid black one now.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Unless you are a great customer and are on real gud terms with your LGS dealer don't trade it in- You'll get the short end for sure :(

8. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Pop the sights off and get some matte black grill paint. :p

Badshot

9. eborden1122

Thanks for your help everyone, I think I will just save up and buy it and keep the other one. Cant have too many right. :)

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I asked what you liked about the DAK. Was it the lighter pull on the DA or the heavier pull on the 1st reset point? I'm curious, because one of the things I love about my P229 is the short reset it has.

Again, I know you can drop in the SRT into your gun and I believe you can also drop in the DAK trigger as well. so you may have the option of not replacing the gun but swapping the trigger out.

11. eborden1122

Thanks man, swapping out the triggers sounds like another great alternative. I dont no if it can be done with mine but I can always ask a local gunsmith.

Im sorry I misunderstood your question. I like the DAK trigger because it was a really smooth and equal pull everytime. I really liked the way it felt. Thanks again for your help. Take care, Ed

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

When I considered my purchase I saw a video on YouTube of a guy that swapped out the trigger on his 229 for a DAK. Or so it appeared. I say that because it was obvious that the decocker was there from the wear on the frame.

Check out YouTube to confirm. Search sig p229 DAK trigger, the guy posted like 4 or five parts to it apparently clips of the installation.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

You should also check out the srt option as well very crisp and smooth. You can definitely drop that into your gun.