Trade H&K USP Tactical 45 for a Kimber 1911?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Izenrok, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Izenrok

Izenrok New Member

Just would like your opinion on what you think I should trade for a very clean and well taken care of H&K USP Tactical? I am being offered a Kimber ultra carry. Though I like the 1 Kimber I have shot, I feel the ultra is too small for me and definitely not an even trade. What do you all think is a good trade for my H&K USP Tactical?

2. countryboy

countryboy New Member

The kimber would not be a good trade in my opinion. The value of the hk far outweighs that of the kimber. You may see if anyone might be willing to trade a pistol and pay the difference in cash or trade two pistols. But finding a single pistol of equal value will be difficult. That's a pretty unusual piece with quite a price tag. You might think about one of the custom built 1911s.

EXPENDABLE

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I'd keep the HK.

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

What do you want it for ? Range gun or a CC gun? The ultra carry is a great conceal carry firearm.. Would I like to go to the range and put hundreds of rounds through it,, Uhh no!

What model ultra carry is it ? Black ? Stainless ? Custom? And how much do you have into the H&K ? I myself would trade a H&K for a kimber any day of the week if they were even in value. But I am kind of partial to Kimber firearms :D

If its the model 23 H&K then its value far exceeds the kimber though. Can you get him to toss in some cash ? Like 1K bucks :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  5. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I wouldnt make the trade. The kimber ultra carry's can be a chore to use and maintain. 3 inch 1911's are not the most reliable 1911.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

6. Izenrok

Izenrok New Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. After thinking about it I have never seen another USP Tactical or even heard of anyone else seeing one in person. I think I would regret trading or selling it as it is my first and one firearm. So now I must decide on a first 1911 and first Glock to purchase. Suggestions?

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I wouldnt make the trade

8. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

If your looking for 1911s kimber is a great gun to look at but i would go for a full size. I have one and enjoy it alot and they are usually right about 1k

9. countryboy

countryboy New Member

For 1911 I would definitely recommend kimber or Springfield. Both are strong names in the industry with very few dissatisfied customers. Again, I agree on the full size, its a much more enjoyable platform to shoot. Your feeling the weapon as it was intended, it has a balance and a feel seldom matched in other types of pistol. I'm sure you will enjoy a 1911 immensely.

I'll not speak of glocks. They're good for what they were intended for.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the beginnings of your own collection.

EXPENDABLE

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

they are pretty decent for weighing down the end of a trot line when your going after catfish...

11. Glore

Glore New Member

They are also one of the most reliable, proven firearms on the market. The AK-47 of the handgun world. High mag capacity does make it sink to bottom of the river fast when used as a weight but if your using it for other purposes the extra ammo is icing on a black cake.

12. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Nighthawk Customs 1911's...

:)

13. Izenrok

Izenrok New Member

I have never heard of NightHawks but wow they are out of my price range. Is one Nighthawk really worth 2 colts, Springfields, or kimbers? Are they that amazing?

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Nighthawks are pretty badass, and yes they are pricey! I think that if you wanted just one 1911 for a specific reason,ex..duty use,CC,competition,or just because they are badass then i would say possibly..but if you are one that loves to aquire alot of different 1911s then i would say probably not unless you just have alot of money to burn and can get one just because

15. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I have 2 nighthawks and 3 wilsons. I love my nighthawks, but to me they arnt worth the extra money over a wilson. The nighthawks and wilsons are basicly made the same way. Most people dont know that nighthawk customs is ran out of six storage units in a storage facility. I would save the money and buy a wilson all day long.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

16. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Blasphemy! Of course their worth it... Who cares where they are made, I'd buy one even if they made them in a sewer in Detroit.

17. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I thought that was Hi-point?

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You just stirred the pot on that one,lol

19. Izenrok

Izenrok New Member

Clarification

I didn't intend to get people so worked up here, but I have to say the knowledge and humorous friendly banter is why I joined FirearmsTalk.com.

I guess I should clarify, I'm just trying to get the best quality bang for my buck on a 1911 straight out of the box where I don't have to do anything to it. I've fired a Sig, Kimber, 3" Springfield, and a Dan Wesson at the range closest to my house. The Kimber is a rental and the others were fellow shooters who wanted to trade a mag of my USP Tac for a mag through their 1911, so I feel very comfortable with the Kimber since I have shot it more. However, that does not mean it is the best, in fact after reading several of the 1911 posts I'm more confused because of the manufacturer buffet of 1911s.

So for 1911 in the range of $1k (<$1300) where do I turn? Again I want to stress my sincere thanks to all of you who are taking the time to help me out.

20. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

He totally stirred it up... And I love it. :D

And fyi, hi-point is actually stationed in a meth lab in Pittsburgh.