trade glock30sf for beretta 92a1??

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by bowtieguy, Apr 14, 2013.

1. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

Just looking for some feedback, any would be appreciated, thanks.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive owned berettas off and on since the 80's its that redhead stepchild you love but also hate. for me its mostly the fact that it wasnt a real need to waste money on switching and it was a big boondoggle for the military.

not because the gun was bad simply because it wasnt a needed change.

that being said i own two my wife has one i carry one for ccw a lot of the time (compact inox) they are good shooting guns and i think more reliable than a glock.

i see lots of glock jams and stoppages dont see that with the 92 shooters. most of the uberness of glocks are just rumor and interweb myth sprung up by folks that dont shoot guns much at all. its similar to the ak47 myth that its rugged and can shoot under any conditions. utter hogwash

3. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

92s a great gun

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

IMO if you can afford to keep it and buy the beretta, so that. If not, i would do that trade only bc i am not too fond of Glocks.

5. Donn

Donn Active Member

Trade a .45acp for a 9mm? I wouldn't.

6. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Not no, but HELL NO! There is not way on earth I would trade

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'm not a glock guy but the G30 i HAD did NOT get traded for no Beretta ;)

8. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

Yeah i didnt trade he wanted straight up and i talked to a buddy that was in the military and he hated the beretta's, said they were junk at least the ones they were issued.

9. Donn

Donn Active Member

I wouldn't condemn all M-9's as junk. Guys said the same nasty things about the beloved 1911 when I was in.

10. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

Well yeah, ive heard guys say that ar15's are junk too, its all in your experiences.

11. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

If you haven't yet do the trade I'd take a 92fs over a glock any day! Also I have owned both guns I liked the 92fs alot better

12. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

I didnt do the trade but a guy wants to trade me 2 kahr cw45's for it some im gonna do that : )

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

So would I ;)

14. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

Ok so that fell through now the big question is my glock30sf for a hk usp40 or fnh fnx 45??

15. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Fnx 45 definitely

16. bowtieguy

bowtieguy New Member

Yeah didnt go with either lol ended up with a modded gen3 g35 that i bet hasnt seen over a hundred rounds. Really thought about the fnx45 but the guy wasnt wanting to deal any and i already have a new fnx40.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'd trade a glock for a Beretta any day.

But then, I'd trade a Glock for a bag of walnuts,

too...:cool:

18. noveskenuck

noveskenuck New Member

I own both a glock 22 and a 92A1. I love them both. I carried an M9 and a M16/M4 in the military. Those that say they are junk are way off. I never had a stoppage or failure to fire in either system during range and combat time. I have had M4 magazine problems but that is solved with pmcs. You take care of your gear it will take care of you.