Trade a Xd45c for a New M&P .40?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Atrawick, May 22, 2012.

1. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

So that's my question. Should i trade my Xd45c for a new M&P .40? A friend tells me the Smith is junk compared to the Xd.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That's like trading a Ford for a Chevy.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Tough choice. I like both. Can't ya just buy the mp 40?

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Pretty much however i'm not a S&W semi auto fan--

5. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

I can't speak for the xd as I've never handled one but I can tell you that the m&p isn't "junk". I suggest going down to the range and renting one first if at all possible.

6. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Smiths are not junk I love mine but its all up to you do you love it? Your friend sounds like the kind of guy that whatever someone else is looking at its junk or the opposite is better. I'd ignore him and judge for yourself

7. bamacraig77

bamacraig77 New Member

I have an XD40 and two M&Ps, I like them both but shoot the M&P better. Also I'm a Glock guy as well. Really I like them all!

8. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Definitely try out the smith trigger first. I think its hit or miss for people. Personally I like it and got use to it. But other than that, its as good as any other semi like it.

9. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Thanks for the replies! I knew it was a Ford - Chevy decision. I will check the trigger on it.

10. bigj

bigj New Member

I just got m&p 9 took it the gun range no problems. I fire over 300 rounds

11. j4454

j4454 New Member

It's a preference thing. I would rather have an M&P any day of the week.

12. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

Another way to look @ it .You want something made in America or Croatia ?

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

XD vs M&P (or Glock, FNP, etc):

Almost all $300+ polymer pistols are in fact really functional, reliable, and low maintenance firearms. It should be noted that there are a handful with not so great triggers and really just a very select few with reliability issues (namely Taurus)...most are excellent. Even most Taurii are pretty solid. I like the XD/XDm trigger the best, and the S&W might have the best all-around ergos (for me, that is). I value the minimal weight and low bore axis of Glock, but the rest of its design leaves me a bit frustrated. Those who opt for FN polymers often prefer a hammer-fired weapon and/or ambi controls.

Buy the one with the fit, features, and finish you prefer. PERIOD. The rest is nonsense.

Last edited: May 23, 2012