Trade a jimenez .380 for hipoint .45?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by marine04, Sep 11, 2012.

1. marine04

marine04 New Member

Trying to trade a jiminez .380 for hipoint .45 don't know a lot about the hipoint. Should
    I make the trade?

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

From what i have heard jimenez is junk.
    Hipoint is hit and miss, personally i would do the trade, but if you like you jimenez better, why trade?

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Sounds like a trade up to me.

4. marine04

marine04 New Member

That's what I was thinking. I bought the Jimenez for 150.00 haven't shot it but found out they suck after I bought it. Rather have a .45 so if hipoint is little more reliable think it's a trade

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

The hi point owners here will tell you to trade. I've never owned one, so I can't speak of their pros it cons. However via Internet I think the hi point is a step up over the Jimenez.

6. marine04

marine04 New Member

Yeah I think I'm going to have to agree with you from the reviews I've seen. Plus I'd rather shoot a bigger bullet

7. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Hi Point is not hit and miss. Well, not any more than any other company. As my dad who had to send his Kimber back 3 times. Anyway, the hi point will always be ugly, but no one ever has their hands or face blown off with them. Solid (if admittedly lacking aesthetically) firearms, while the Jimenez is pure rubbish. Good trade!

8. seanwhite75154

seanwhite75154 New Member

My father-in-law has a hi point and I have shot it quite a few times. Ugly as sin and heavy as a brick, but actually surprisingly accurate and shoots anything you put in it without a problem. It would definitely be a trade up.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The hi-point is the higher quality turd.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have owned both guns you speak of. Jiminez is total crap. High Point makes good guns. If a High Point was all I had I would trust my life to it. Not so with the Jiminez. No comparison whatsoever.

People talk trash about High Point because they are inexpensive. But there is nothing mechanicaly wrong with them.

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't know anything about either except for what I read on the 'net, but I'd say it was a trade up also. If for no other reason than the Hi Point transferrable lifetime warranty.

12. levelcross

levelcross New Member

With the High Point you have a starter gun, with the Jiminez you have a rock to throw. Trade that thang.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I havent owned the Jiminez but I have not heard great things about any of their stuff. I also dont own a Hi Point but my buddy owns a couple of them and it will go bang every time you pull the trigger, it will run the cheapest ammo you can put thru it without issues and it is reasonably accurate also. It is big , heavy and ugly and will double as a ball bat type beating device should you run outta ammo . I say go for it make that trade . If you ever have to use it Hi Points customer service is great and they do quick work of getting your firearm back to you should you have any trouble . The customer service they provided to my buddy was about 4 weeks faster than Ruger provided to me on a ejector issue that I could have fixed in 20 min had they just sent me the parts :( Still love my Rugers though

14. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Take the hi point...

15. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

As an current owner of a Jimenez 380, I would also say to trade up to the High Point. My Jimenez has had several FTF/FTE issues with no ore than 50 rounds total being fired.

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'd trade a jiminez for a hatband.

The only thing better than trading one away,

would be not getting one in the first place...

17. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't own one, but the highpoint would make an awesome club, if it came to that.

18. Zayne

Zayne New Member

Ah the Jimenez .380. For the ghetto James Bond!

19. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

A response like that simply begs for a photograph... Lolol!

20. Zayne

Zayne New Member

I would if it was mine. My grandpa owns one and that's our ongoing joke Hahahahahahaha