tracers

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by rob1990, May 18, 2013.

1. rob1990

rob1990 New Member

9mm 40s&w or 45acp anyone know where to get them?

2. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I get a catalog from a place called Cheaper Than Dirt and they often have tracer ammo cataloged.

Bob Wright

Last edited: May 18, 2013

3. boddah4

boddah4 New Member

CTD (cheaper than dirt) are price gouging pieces is *&$#! Plus, their shipping prices are outrageous.

4. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Only time i was ever able to find tracers was online or in gun shows. Be prepared to lose your *** on them though. I bought a box of plain old 230gr .45's after i went to the range last week i forgot to bring my carry mag. And bought a box to carry with after, anywho it was $39!! For freggin magtech -.- tracers will own your wallet!

Only price perspective i can give you is well before the ammo SHTF i saw 30.06's in tracer that were 3.50/rd, a good Remington round was about 1.00 each.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

(Ahem) A note from a man that has possibly set more military firing ranges on fire than anyone since Mikhail Kalashnikov-

A tracer bullet has a tail of very hot flame that extends out of the rear of the bullet during flight. This can be a foot or more in length. The bright color you see if flight is the flame.

If your bullet hits something prior to "tracer burnout" distance, the fire is still burning. Meaning put one into the woods in dry season, and Smokey D. Bear will come whack the crap out of you with his shovel.

THEN he will present you with the bill for the COST of putting out that forest fire. Yes, you are legally liable for the cost of putting out a fire you start.:eek::eek::eek:

Tracers are legal in MOST states, but not all- so check your state laws, exercise extreme caution when shooting.

BTW, my military ranges had a large firebreak plowed around the perimeter, so that when we lit one up, did not burn down the rest of Ft. Mildew. Does your shooting area have anything similar?

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Bout it----
    Nobody (civilians) NEEDS tracers :rolleyes:
    Use the funds to get a new camo suit ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You don't need ten rounds to kill a deer either...

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You don't need a 10" johnson to deflower a virgin----WHATS YOU POINT :confused:
    Well except for showing off or causing problems?

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree- Some have different or special needs ;)

11. rob1990

rob1990 New Member

Good to know, no I shoot in the woods behind my house. Down here in FL we have a lot of fires so maybe ill have to rethink the tracer idea lol. Or maybe get a 55gal drum of water to shoot them at.

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Drum is a good idea ;)
    Thank you for being reasonable & responsible--Rare these days :)