tower 1871 musketoon

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by atc70, Mar 11, 2010.

1. atc70

atc70 New Member

hello,
    i have a 1871 musketoon and would like to know more about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Welcome to FTF.. Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the introduction thread.. Lot's of good folks here that should be able to answer your questions.

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Wood has been refinished(too shiny) and ramrod is a replacement(too long).

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

musketoon

A lot of these rifles saw action in the Anglo Boer war. Almost certainly made by Enfield. I agree the ramrod is not original, They can bring good money in fine condition and I would definately have the wood professionaly re-finished.

5. unknwnshooter

unknwnshooter New Member

Sorry but it's not an original it's a reproduction, thats why everything is so shiny. The lock plate is the give away, its a modern stamp.

6. Portugal

Portugal New Member

Need Help

Hi All,

I'm from Portugal, and I have a Westley Richards "Monkey Tail", a caplock musket from 1867. But I have a problem: There's a piece that is broken, some kind of little tube (I think it was a tube where the soldiers put a percussion cap, I'm sorry, I don't know the name of it). I have an image of the tube, but not the broken one (below).

The little piece is broken, therefore, when the hammer goes down after I pull the trigger, it doesn't hit the broken part, because that little tube that was supposed to be there isn't.

So, my questions are: Is that piece replaceable? Where can I buy it online, ordering it from the US? Is it expensive?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010