Tourist arrested after trying to check in gun at WTC site

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CourtJester, Dec 29, 2011.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Thank God they saved us from that law abiding citizen.
    We can sleep in ease now...

Tourist tried to check in gun at WTC site - US news - msnbc.com

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Welcomed to the "PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NEW YORK". Simply can not wait for global warming to melt the polar ice caps and raise the sea level. Bye bye New York City and L.A. I' m letting my f150 idle for a couple hours tonght. Problem is man made global warming is just more liberal BS. Like gun control makes for safer cities.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wow, I'm glad they took her off the streets, I'm sure she was planning an interstate crime spree.

4. countryboy

countryboy New Member

D@mned for trying to do the right thing. Granted, irresponsible gun ownership on her part for not knowing the laws of the state she was visiting, but excessive is remotely strong enough a word. Bet she'll never trust a police officer again (or return to new York). Yet another good reason not to venture into large cities... Group think lowers IQ's exponentially.

EXPENDABLE

5. shadamai

shadamai New Member

She should have researched more before her trip, but where is the common sense here? It is like the child who realizes he accidentally brought a pocketknife to school, turns it in to the teacher right away, and is subsequently suspended/expelled. All it does is punish people for trying to do the right thing.

6. JDAMSrUS

JDAMSrUS New Member

I could have swore I got an email from the NRA stating a bill had been passed that enforced concealed carry state reciprocity. Every state but Hawaii now honors other states permits. Did I misread this or what???

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

So what, she made a mistake... The mistake of trusting the police. that's a 3 1/2 year lesson she's gonna have to learn. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson next time and not interact with the police at all.

8. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Horrible horrible horrible...

I bet that cop was excited too

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

she broke the rule of the three S's. shoot-shovel-shutup

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

JDAMS- afraid you are mistaken. VERY mistaken. That measure WAS passed by the House. There is NO similar measure in the Senate. Unless they pass it, it will not go to the President for his signature. Until THAT happens, it is not law. And the holdout state will not be Hawaii, but Illinois, which HAS no concealed carry permit system.

11. JDAMSrUS

JDAMSrUS New Member

Very true, and if it ever made it that far, I'm sure we can count on our always competent commander in chief to pass it... You know, cuz he's so pro gun and all.

12. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

This was bound to happen. God forbid a women trys to protect herself at the one huge spot in America that we were attacked.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'm just shocked at the fact that the federal government can put their hands into so many things because "The US Constitution constitutes federal jurisdiction over states" except for the 2nd amendment. Of course maybe I'm luck that they stay out of it. I dunno.

14. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Illinois Sucks!!!! I live there and can't wait to leave! I let my representatives now my thoughts and all other IL residents should do the same.