Tougher Gun Legislation Required?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ShelleyOshea487, Mar 11, 2009.

1. After the incident in Alabama, I came across this blog entry. Does it make your blood boil, or do you think he has a point? :-

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

2. orangello

orangello New Member

That annoys me.

There are a few holes in that story: 1) "urban gang members" only kill people they know or associate with or "extraordinarily unlucky" people? So, if some "urban gang member" with a gun robs somebody, that person is "extraordinarily unlucky"? Where do they think the "urban gang members" are going to get their money; they don't usually have other jobs? 2)U.S. citizens are protected by the second amendment endorsed by the government formed by the citizens; how this relates to "an eye for an eye" from the Bible escapes me. The bible is not a Constitution endorsed and accepted by the populace of a democratic republic. :rolleyes: 3)Who is this jerk to say what a "proper evaluation" of a potential gun owner is or is not? 4) Who is this jerk to say that hunting or target practice is the only "valid reason" to have a gun & that self defense (with an S limey!) has no merit. 5) Could i not kill a person with a classic "sporting" arm such as an over & under shotgun for shooting trap? If it can be used to hunt, it can be used to kill a person, but it can do neither without a human.

So, all in all, this chump appears to advocate "neutering" our society (his words) & knuckling under to any bully or thief to make the US a safer place. Wuss out on your own island chump; i'll be keeping my balls!

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I think he is very misinformed on many issues as stated above. It takes a living force to take a life, be it a human or animal(My Way News - Study: Belligerent chimp proves animals make plans.
    A gun, kife, rock, piece of pipe is not going to just get up and attack someone.
    Also, the idea of eye for an eye was cancelled in the New Testament, although it didn't take away punishment, only took a different view. It still supports the death penalty.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Tough gun legislation did not stop this.

Germany School Shooting

Pretty sure Germany has tough gun laws, and still a 17 year killed 15.

Lunatics are everywhere. Had he not had a gun, he could have used a sword.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Blood boiling.

Laws only work on people who obey laws, and laws never, ever deny access to anything for people who do not obey laws.

Individuals with criminal intent will always find a way, legal or not, to get the tools they need to commit their crimes.

In the case of gun control laws, innocent, law-abiding people are the only ones hurt: they are denied legal access to firearms so they are turned into unarmed victims-to-be by those who serve us in various legislatures.

6. johnsteele

johnsteele New Member

My response/comment on his site:
    Not my most thoughtful response but I was p*ssed when I read his sanctimonious lecture on America.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^^ *clapping* Well done John. I like that response quite nicely.

I bet you dollars to fish and chips that dude saw the headlines about the Germany shooting and went "Oh Sh!t, this is going to blow up in my face now" LOL

Excellent Job John - Really nice response....

8. Hot Sauce NARC

Hot Sauce NARC New Member

When Mr. Walters asked "So what are Americans afraid of that citizens of the UK aren’t?" i said to myself, Im afraid of the greatest country in the world following suit with our effiminate cousins to the east. Im afraid of an America governed by cowards who would give up their values and centuries of tradition to cater to a raidical minority. Im afraid that one day people like Walters will win out, guns will be no more, and freedom along with democracy will soon follow.

9. alexw777

alexw777 New Member

What Americans are afraid of

I attempt to answer my own question in my latest blog post:

Americans, indeed everyone in the world, is afraid. That's why you are so keen to hang on to your guns, because you are afraid and feel the need to defend yourself. The irony is that if you have a gun, you and your family are infinitely more likely to end up the victims of violent crime.

Have a look at the latest post, I've tried to address some of the points made. And, as to the massacre in Germany, this is not and has never been about bashing any particular nation; I chose America because it has such widespread and consistent gun related violence. One or two incidents in nations with a stricter approach to gun control do not constitute evidence of a failure in gun policy. Anecdotes are not data.

Oh, and to the individual referring to 'keeping his balls', it is that very insecure attitude that causes all these problems in the first place. Do you think you are any less of a man if you don't have a gun?

10. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

Please cite your statistics that in the U.S. the guns I own correlate with a higher chance of being a victim of violent crime. This may be the case in Britain because for the most part, the people carrying firearms there are violent criminals who, as you pointed out, are very likely to get themselves hurt. If you separate law abiding gun owners from criminals who have obtained their guns illegally you will find that law abiding gun owners by and large are not getting themselves shot. In the U.S. law abiding gun owners far, far outnumber criminals

Violent criminals, especially gang members, are involved in a lot of gun violence. Nobody can dispute that, but that is not the fault of firearms. Those individuals made poor decisions that led them down violent paths. A gangbanger's fear is nothing like the "fear" of law abiding gun owners. A gang member actually lives in constant fear because people are trying to kill them on a regular basis. A law abiding gun owners "fear" is better described as a desire to take reasonable steps to be prepared for an unforeseen situation. For us, owning guns is not burdensome and does not interfere with any of our activities. Aside from going to the shooting range, our lives would be the same with or without firearms. None of live in constant fear of a home invasion. I don't feel less secure when I don't have a gun with me because, like you say in your blog, we all have to live our lives without worrying. I just happen to enjoy shooting and it happens to double as a useful tool in the unlikely event that I may need it. When I'm not shooting, my guns are out of sight an out of mind. Just to be clear on that last point, I don't constantly think of the ways I can be victimized and alter my lifestyle accordingly. I live my life pretty much the same way I did before becoming a gun owner. Now, I simply have another tool at my disposal should I find myself in a bad situation

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen? If so is it because you are afraid the your home will catch on fire or is it because its a cheap and easy safety measure? Do you keep a first aid kit because you are constantly afraid of getting hurt or because you realize that accidents happen and sometimes you hurt yourself? It all falls under the category of the Boy Scout motto to "be prepared."

If we were truly afraid as you assume in your blog our homes would all be barricaded and we would all be driving armored vehicles. For the most part we live normal lives just like everyone else. A psychological analysis of the typical gun owner won't reveal anything abnormal except perhaps a keener than usual interest in one's surroundings.

11. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

Tougher than what ???

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I carry daily, and for about ten years.

I gave very serious thought to what that meant when I made that decision. I value life, all life, as irreplacable. I have no compunction about taking an evil life to save a virtuous one.

I find myself less likely to put myself in situations where I might have to make the decision to take a life, and therefore have been safer than many who do not carry.

Statistics mean bollocks if it's happening to you. It doesn't matter if only one woman in a billion will be raped this year if that one is your wife.

As to fear, the only fear in my life is the fact that England was once the greatest nation on the planet, an Empire that spanned the globe, and is now a giant carsey full of the world's refugees, who impose their culture and laws on a populace that has been rendered gutless by a sissy, feel-good set of policies.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're a waste of time, I am not reading any more of your drivel, the first go 'round was laughable enough, don't try to weasel your way out of the fact that you were wrong and got bit in the ass the very next week.

Funny. I have had a gun, of one type or another, my whole life and NEVER once have I, or anyone around me, been in a situation of violence despite traveling through over 30 states in 25 years while in my own country. I have been to Oakland, I have been to Detroit, I have been to Sacramento, I have been to Atlanta, I have been to Indianapolis - no problems with violence on my person or those around me. Funny. I was armed most of the time and NEVER had violence commited against me, nor did anyone around me. Kind of shoots the hell out of that theory there doesn't it?

As a matter of fact, since it pertains to you pointing towards America as the source of violence for your wacked out BS.

The only times I WAS in situations of violence were when I was overseas and not allowed to carry a weapon outside of the military base I was on. Oh, and that little time in an unnamed South American shi'itehole where a CAR BOMB blew up outside the hotel I was staying in.

Blah, blah, blah - you have already proven to be a tremendous Troll, stop pimping your little blog that is nothing but the spew of someone far removed from the issue at hand and with a view of the problem as broad as a 6 year old looking through an empty toilet paper tube.

A weapon in the hands of a criminal is still a weapon in the hands of a criminal. You think Germany was an isolated incident? How about climbing down from your Ivy Tower and taking a little trip to Africa, or South America. Hell, take a trip to Thailand, it's cultural and "approved" with the tea and biscuit set now, so you can be trendy. Take a look around sport. Just because the reports are easy to get out of America, don't kid yourself into thinking the weapon is the problem. People are killing each other the world over - and they are doing it with guns and they are doing it with cars and they are doing it with stones and clubs and bats and gang beatdowns and in some cases, even lowly little Kitchen knives...

Speaking of which, how's that whole 11 burrough knife elimination plan going for you over there? Seems a former professional boxer got stabbed to death at a bus stop in one of your "Knife Free" zones by someone with a knife and died, on the very way to see his new born baby.

Looks like Knife Control is working out just fine for the criminals. Could that be why half of England is in an uproar and calling for your local police establishments heads on pikes? Because banning normal, law abiding citizens from carrying knives is making them prey for criminals who don't respect the laws in the first place??

You are so far in over your head in a situation you know little to nothing about the whole idea you tout yourself an expert of anything is laughable. Hopefully you get to experience first hand what it is like to be the victim of a crime so you will actually begin to understand what being a victim is all about.

Here's a simple equation for you Muppet:

Someone, anyone, convinced they are going to do violence ( rape, robbery, homicide, take hostages, whatever ) has made up their mind they are going to do it. They have armed themselves with whatever means they are going to do the attack with ( guns, blades, bats with nails in the end, socks with cue balls in them, water bottles filled with ammonia and bleach, whatever ) and goes into an unprotected environment like a children's school or a Church. What is the likely outcome??

Now, take that same individual, with the same drive to commit the same crime(s). Equip them the same way and let them wander into a police station. What is the likely outcome??

What is the difference in those two scenarios??

Now, go get back on your soapbox and try not to get a nosebleed from the height of never having accomplished anything of importance in your life.

Oh, and PS - Site some damn sources for your so called "evidence". You're running your mouth like a Jabberwalky, but you have yet to "prove" a God damn thing.

JD

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oh Yeah, By the Way....

I went ahead and banned your duplicate account of ShelleyOshea487 - which you used to Troll this mindless dribble in hopes of generating a few more hits on your pathetic blog. So, if you were planning on getting some back up, I guess you will have to sign up again under another alias.

Coward.

Funny thing there "King Krug" but I noticed you are not set up to receive e-mails from your membership here. What's a matter? Worried the crazy American gun owners are going to send you pictures of naughty and violent firearms that somehow might get loose on the streets of the Almighty UK and get into the hands of law abiding citizens over there? :rolleyes:

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG] Guess I missed the fun??

Just got here for the cleanup!

[​IMG]

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Not at all, feel free to chime in. This drum is easier to bang than a $2 whore on Port Call....

JD

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I have nothing but love for England, and it sickens me to see their place in the European economy. It sickens me that Sharia law is slowly taking over the country. Their unemployment rate sickens me. It sickens me that London is now an armpit.

It does amuse me, however, that you chose to troll us. What prestige we must have for you to sit in your little flat, typing away, and waiting to offer your backside to any thug who wishes to have it.

One has to wonder if fear prevents you from owning a gun, or even a pocketknife.

Bollocks.

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

alexw777,

You 'effen ingrate, for an empire that had at one time grown so great that the sun never set on her, and yet hasn't figured out central heating has the unmitigated gall to criticize our National American Heritage of citizen gun ownership?

If it weren't for those American guns you shiite heads would be speaking German! And today, in your unarmed emasculated condition, would be buying a German to Arabic translation dictionary.

19. Merc187

Merc187 New Member

Ok this is for starters, I have a lot going through my head at the moment and a birthday party to go to. I wiill elaborate more after lunch.

Obviously, this guy touts himself as a writer. It is quite obvious he is the poser intellectual of his generation. I copied the above bit from his blog and besides the BLATANT grammatical errors, it seems he types like he speaks. There is a D**k blocking the translation.

• Carrying a gun in a bar and drinking is a CRIME
    • Nobody will "Cut me up" on the highway because they cant catch me. If they tried that would be bring ing a knife to a gun fight. I know what you meant to day but you didin't.
    • Shootings by kids on the playground is a rarity and is the result of improper training by the parent, uncle, brother Owner of the firearm.

Very good responses though! I have one, just not the time sit down and write it. I wrote quite a few articles on this subject while attending online courses at UOP. Plus, I love a great debate. lol

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  20. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

What is a "Government Mandated Lethal Weapon"? That sounds scary. :eek: