Totally useless pistol that you want.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by txpossum, Oct 3, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Okay, we've talked about what handgun is best for . . . you name it, we've discussed it. But . . . what handgun do you want that you really have no practical use for, or that duplicative of what you already have?

In my case, it would probably be the AMT Automag II in .22 magnum I got a few months ago.

I can't say that any of my handgun needs would go unfulfilled if I didn't have this gun, but it's fun to shoot, and sorta interesting to have.

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would like to have a 45-70 revolver. I have absolutely no use for one. But that just seems like a real man's gun to me. Then again, maybe I would hunt elk with it if I was able to shoot it accurately.

3. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

I've always wanted one an automag, but not only would I not have much use for it outside of plinking, I have never even held ond , let alone shot one. So I don't know if I would even like it...but still want one awfully bad.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Unless it has a 14" barrel its going to have the power level of a 44mag or less

Top of my list is the automag3 in 30carbine!! Second would be a desert eagle in 357mag

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

The BFR series of revolvers, and a Coogan 357.

6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

One I've always wanted is a Whitney Wolverene.
    All's I need is that and a Buck Rodgers helmet, and I'm good to go. :)

Attached Files:

7. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

Pretty much all of them. I already own more pistols than I can carry and pretty much have all the bases covered as far as EDC, home defense, hunting sidearm, etc. That doesn't prevent me from constantly wanting to buy more guns. As an example, I'd love to have a 629 but I can't imagine what I would do with one if I had it other than shoot it at the range. Lately I've been jonesing for a Browning Hi-power. Same thing. If I had one I might carry it from time to time but it's not like a really need another 9mm.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really want an S&W X frame. They are very accurate pistols. I like the 460 cartridge. But in this area a black bear is the most dangerous critter I will encounter. I already have 2 nice single action pistols that will kill a deer or black bear at distances further than I am confident to shoot the critter. Every time I go into Bass Pro Shops I see the X frame calling to me. So far, I have been able to borrow an X frame from a friend when I need a large caliber fix.

9. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Hi-Point. Why? Why do I want one?

I think it's morbid curiosity I can't shake and they're dirt cheap.

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

The same reasons I bought one. :D

11. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

Sig Sauer Scorpion to be exact.
    Useless because I'd only use it on the range for fun.
    It wouldn't get any "use".
    I wouldn't carry it, take it camping or keep it on the nightstand.
    Too purdy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  12. indy36

indy36 New Member

FN 5.7 and KelTec PMR

13. headhunter

headhunter Member

My first handgun was a 6' Colt "Huntsman" ($54 + change) at a local hardware store. Of course, it is long since gone. Every time I see a Woodsman, an upscale version, I have to check the price. Someday, I'll have one!

14. magnumman

magnumman New Member

If smith and Wesson made a blued 500 I would buy one.

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

Absolutely. Same here.

The other one for me is a Kel Tec PMR-30. I just think it would be an awesome gun to plink with. 30 rounds of 22 WMR. To me, that round doesn't have any practical application. Any critter I need to kill with a .22 I have .22LR for, which is a crazy amount cheaper.

But still, 30 rounds in a handgun. Pretty neat.

16. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

D.Eagle in 50ae. And one of those pin fire guns. It reminds me of men in black. The noisy cricket. Lol

17. DaughterofAres

DaughterofAres New Member

I just said this morning. I want a revolver with a beaver slap handle! lol! The smith & wesson 38 special with the wood grip looks pretty sweet to me! lol! I don't need it but I want it.
    Definition of Beaver Slap: when you see a vehicle with wood paneling... you yell "beaver slap" and whack your buddy in the car. (just like punch buggy - but instead it's a beaver slap) This is the kind of fun we have in Canada... lol!

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Pepper box here also

Attached Files:

19. RevJammer

RevJammer Member

For me it would be a .357/.38 Derringer. I have no use or need for it... but I think it would round out my SA .357 and my Rossi .357 lever gun. Then of course I would need a double barrel shotgun.