Total Impulse Buy

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by mesinge2, Apr 29, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Tiny 20GA - Total Impulse Buy

Ok, I was in my buddy's gun shop; you know just shooting the sh*t. He brought me into the back to show off his new-to-him Smith and Wesson model 29. Its a beautiful gun with a tappered barrel with a gold-bead front sight. I am truly jealous.

Anyways, while back there I saw a little pistol grip shotgun. Its a single shot 3" 20 GA. He said one of his employee bought it used while he was out. He did not even know if he could sell it legally because it is so short. So we measured it and the barrel is 20" and the OAL is 27.1". This think just looked like too much fun so I asked how much. He just asked for $70 for it and now its mine. He even threw in a couple boxes of some buckshot shells.

[​IMG]

It has a smooth barrel with a gold bead and says "American Arms NKC, MO" on the left side of the hex chamber, "20GA" on top of the chamber, and the right side of the chamber says "3 inch Made in Italy". That's all the markings on the gun. Now I know a lot about handguns, a little about rifles and very little about shotguns. So any information about this little gun would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very nice! You got a deal!

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Any firearm for seventy bucks is a great deal! Sorry, I don't have any info on it.

4. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I am going to blast away with it on Tuesday. This little thing just looks like fun.

I figured it out :)

American Arms, based in North Kansas City, Missouri, was specialized in importing shotguns from Italy and Spain.
    It was made by Franchi Arms plant in the town of Brescia; located in northern Italy.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011