Torn between guns...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by WeeMan9194, Nov 12, 2012.

1. WeeMan9194

WeeMan9194 New Member

I can't decide which to purchase between the Sig P250, Smith and Wesson M&P, or the Springfeild XD. I know I'm getting a .45 ACP. Just can't decide which to get.... You guys please give some opinions or advice.

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I like teh way the M&P fits, and I don't like the XD grip safety. Sig makes great guns. See if you can shoot each, and figure out which fits and shoots best for you.

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I have the m&p 45 compact so I will be as one sided as possible. Great gun, perfect fit, accurate, concealable, 45.... Need I say more?

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Prefer the M&P trigger by far. Sigs are usually a better gun in most comparisons, and I'm not at all what one would call an S&W fan, but in this comparison I believe it to be the better gun because of the trigger. Plus it looks better! Hahaha

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. Tillman7777

Tillman7777 New Member

I have owned my XDs for three weeks and 250 assorted rnds. Fun gun to shoot. Purchased the extended mag which makes range time better. Comfortable recoil however mine throws brass all over the place. But in a defense situation who cares....

7. JD0127

JD0127 New Member

Well I was looking at some of those same brands when I came across my FNH FNP45. I absolutely love them gun. No it doesn't like cheap ammo but it does handle +p rounds with ease.

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Between those. I would say the m&p. Now if your talking about a 226 or 229. Than a sig. But the m&p feels spectacular in my hand. Don't know about yours. Oh and don't get discouraged about the gritty trigger on the m&p. It smooths itself out and feels fine after around 400 rounds.

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I wanted that gun but when I shot it the safety decocker kept pushing against my strong hand web area. Did not like that at all. And the magazine release was kind of hard to reach. I have Med hands. So I went with a usp45. But don't get me wrong the fnh is a nice weapon and maybe one day ill pick one up. My HK is my favorite by far. And I was a glock guy.

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'm a die hard SIG fan and owner, but from that group I'd go M&P

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I have not shot the Smith & Wesson or the XD, but I love my P250

12. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Well, if nobody else will give you the straight answer I will. All 3. I know, I know... The economy isn't great and money doesn't grow on trees, but this is 3 nice pistols we are talking about and life in short. Why limit yourself? Save if you have to and buy them 1 at a time...

13. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

M&P Shiled ... I just picked one up fo rmy wife to carry. Its a very nice pistol and it wont break the bank. :D

14. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Nice little gun, did you get her the .9mm or .40 S&W?

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

The FNP's are exceptional pistols. It's the only poly frame pistol I ever really enjoyed. I have regretted getting rid if mine since it's been gone.

16. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I got her the 9MM.

17. Alicia

Alicia New Member

I couldn't decide between an M&P and the XD. I figured I'd rent them both and my decision would be made. Darn it if I didn't love them both. I went through a couple hundred rounds back and forth between the two. I finally flipped a coin and came home with the XD. I really don't think you could go wrong either way.

18. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

They are all good. One thing you might consider, the P250 has an interchangeable barrel feature that allows the same gun/serial number to use 9MM, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and I think, .45 ACP by swapping out the barrels and some other parts. So if you buy multiple barrels, it is still just one gun, legally.

19. Boru

Boru New Member

Great choice on the XD! I loved mine, I also loved my M&P too. Both great options.

The XD provides an additional measure of safety if that was ever a concern, plus they are built like tanks.

I was not a huge fan of the Sig P250. I had the opportunity to purchase one awhile back and I opted not to. I am not nearly as impressed with Sig's polymer line as I am with their standbys like the P220 and P226. Plus I have never been a fan of the idea of a modular gun. I just feel that ultimately you can potentially create a scenario for something to go wrong. Just my opinion of course.

Great choice though, that XD will keep you quite happy!

20. WeeMan9194

WeeMan9194 New Member

Ordered the xdm 45 w night sights.