Torn between G23 sbd SR40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by hegotahemi20, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hegotahemi20

hegotahemi20 New Member

I'm looking to buy my second handgun but I'm torn between the Glock 23 and Ruger SR40. I like the feel of both but want to be able to conceal carry. I love the reliability of the glock but I likevthe design and feel if the Ruger. Need some insight.

2. Reaper61

Reaper61 New Member

I have a Ruger SR40C and I love it. I put 250 rounds through it the weekend I got it, and had no issues. Plus the Ruger is gonna be a little easier on your wallet!

3. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

The Ruger is going to be just as reliable. It sounds like you basically made up your mind already. Go with what feels right for you.

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

OK lets look at this the other direction, you said another gun. What do you already have? If it is a Glock I would definitely go with the Ruger, variety is really nice some times. Nothing wrong with either gun, just what you like the best.

BTW welcome to FTF, this is a great place to get solid info.

5. yamaharyder369

yamaharyder369 New Member

I bought a Ruger sr-40 for my second pistol and I love it, feels great in the hand and performs great.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

My buddy has the SR40 and I have the G23. After shooting both, they are great pistols but we both like my G23 better. It also has a ton more aftermarket goodies available. But choose the one you like best, either will do the job.

7. hegotahemi20

hegotahemi20 New Member

Currently, I own a sr9 which I have for in home protection. Now, I want something to carry that's a little compact and has some kick to it.

8. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I want that SR9. Sweet looking gun. You like it?

9. hegotahemi20

hegotahemi20 New Member

Yea I like it. Real reliable. No issues with it at all