Top Ten Handguns per Sales

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by AIKIJUTSU, Jan 17, 2014.

1. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Very interesting indeed...

Didn't see the S+W coming in at #2...love it!

The GLOCK fanboys aren't gonna like this list! ;):p

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

But 80% of the world's militaries and police use GLOCK! This article is obviously flawed and written by someone who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

(read in green)

4. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Well this sure the hell for me is not ruger as you all know I'm in California and they just kicked us in the ass

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

How did the Washington Times come up with this info? Where is the source of this story.

They did not ask me what the most popular was coming through my shop.

Now, I'm not saying that the facts could be skewed in anyway.............

6. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Yeah, it seemed kinda strange to me. And Kimber is kinda pricey to be so high on the list.
    And the Smith Model 29? What year did they get their stats from?

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

They listed the number of each handgun produced each year, I guess they assumed every gun was sold?

8. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

It shows that these figures were from around 2011, by the captions.

9. danf_fl

That has to be. They don't have access to the form 4473.

But if that is the case, they had to make assumptions.

And we all know what ass-u-me does.

10. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I have a couple of Rugers, they are nice

That said, most popular does not equal best. For example, look at the last two Presidential elections!! :eek:

11. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

If you read it a little more carefully you'll see that they only counted the number of guns produced in the US. Glock came in at #10 on this list because they only produced 23,752 handguns AT THEIR GEORGIA PLANT. That number has nothing to do with how many Glocks were actually sold in the US, or the total number of Glocks produced at the Austria and Smyrna, GA plants combined.

12. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Ruger didn't kick you in the butt.....your politicians have been doing that for years. I don't blame Ruger for dropping California. I would too if I was in that position. There is no sense in meeting those absurd requirements.

13. danf_fl

So, this is actually the number produced, but not sold.

Either this is advertisement for Ruger, or Rugers are piling up in stores.

Production does not equal sales (or the number actually sold).

14. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i'm NOT a glock fan, but it is hard to imagine that they are not the #1 handgun sold in the US. if not shown as top 3 at least, something is really wrong with this list. almost everyone i know has a glock....or 5.....:p

EDIT: upon thought, see post below.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

it has to be imo. :confused:

HOWEVER....is this ALL pistol sales? if that is the case, RUGER might be #1. think on the fact that ruger rimfire pistols are extremely popular, they have good priced semi autos, AND their revolvers are very popular also.

if this is ALL pistol sales (not just semi auto), i could see ruger on top, even over glock.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Ruger is bound to be number one. They make decent pistols at a great price. Plus they are counting pistols made in the USA, not total sales. I don't know of a Ruger that isn't made in the USA.

17. danf_fl

When you go to the LGS, count how many Kimbers there are compared to Ruger centerfire semi-autos.

On transfers, I rarely see a Ruger handgun.

18. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A local pawn shop bought several SR series pistols. He priced them over MSRP and sold them all in a month for full price. That pawn shop marks all their guns over retail. When you call them on the price they claim they are only making $50 on the gun. Uninformed buyers fall for it all the time.

I will pay a little more than I should on a highly desirable gun like a graded browning. But I am not going to pay more for a run of the mill gun.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. ChrisWar

ChrisWar New Member

First read the captions. This is total handguns manufactured in US.
    Nowhere does it differentiate semi autos from revolvers. Also this includes 22 rim fires. Sales doesn't enter it. This is how many were made. Imports aren't counted.