Top Shot on The History Channel

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jun 1, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

2. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have been hyping for that for almost two weeks now!!!!
    I believe it premiers this Sunday at 10 pm EST.

3. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I'm pretty excited to see this show!

4. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

I'm glad these shows eventually wind up on netflix too.

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I know and have shot with Mike Seeklander, one of the contestants on the show, out here at the U.S. Shooting Academy here in Oklahoma. He is indeed an outstanding shooter and an all around great competitor and fine tactical ops instructor. I will be pulling for him. :cool:

Jack

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Can't wait! I've been catching previews for it all week.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yes!! Can't wait for that one! :) :cool:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Also looking forward to this one.

9. gilfo

gilfo Member

Caught my eye the other day. Can't wait till it airs.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Reminder. Premiers tonight Sunday, June 06, 2010 at 10 pm EST. About one-half hour from now. :)

I'm gonna root for the Seeklander guy as well, just because Jack knows him.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I just assumed when Jack said he knew him we HAD to root from him? Am I wrong??? You know that whole you will wake up dead PM thing Jack sent out you guys got it too didn't you?

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Umm, well...I know nothing.

Tango, the elimination round is using the Remmy 700. :D

13. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Was it a blooper (or an intentional diversion) that they showed Kelly during the Beretta challenge preview? If so, Mike got eliminated? Rightfully IMHO.

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I thought they should have made the team finish the whole course before they chose who to send to the elimination round. They only got to see what 2 people did, just a thought. Pretty good, though.

15. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As a competition show, I thought it was pretty good. As for the marksmanship angle, I thought it was great, especially with the exploding targets to prove the hit in the most visible way. There are one helluva lot of egos present, for sure.

I don't know how many of you watch Survivor, but Colby was trying way too hard to match the mannerisms of Jeff Probst from that show when he was giving the instructions to the teams. :p

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Well hell, don't I got egg on my face. :eek: First one off too? :eek:

Sorry guys, next time I will just keep my damn mouth shut. :rolleyes:

I guess Mike and I will be doing some talking when I see him again. He should be back by now. I have seen him in the zone and shoot much, much better with pistols, AR's and AK's on tactical courses and competition. I am guessing long range rifle may not be a strong skill. :(

Jack

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

No egg on your face Jack. The competition was not really set up to judge the actual skill of the shooter. His spotter had no idea what he was doing, but Mike was able to get that guy on target.

He also could have opted an easier opponent for the elimination round. He said he wanted to take on the best at the long range shooting for the challenge, and he stuck to what he said. I don't think I would have chosen a member of the US Rifle Team to go head-to-head against in long range shooting. I would not be surprised if we don't see him again on that show since he got the shaft and was a stand up man about it.

18. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I agree with Skull that Mikes spotter sucked, he definitly looked like he didn't have a clue as a spotter, Tough break! Seemed like a good show, the pistol challenges look interesting.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I guess I didn't expect a reality show,lol. I thought it was going to be more of a legitimate competetion that that, but these days what can you expect.

The guy that was booted was a stand-up guy about it. There's no telling what happened unless you were there with the way they edit what we can see.

Still an interesting show. Would have been cool if they could have brought their own arsenal to compete with.

20. opaww

opaww New Member

If they would have had less of a survivor theme to it I would of liked it more. As far as Mike goes he missed a 100-yard target in about 30 shots. He may have had a bad day or something but he should have been able to hit that target at least once without a spotter.