Top Shot 2

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Feb 7, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The premiere is this week so I took a few minutes to go look at the bios of the shooters for this season - the Air Force is representing!!!

Actually, some of these folks have impressive backgrounds and it will be interesting to see if they can actually shoot...

Top Shot Season 2 — Top Shot — History.com

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm looking forward to this season. I'm also hoping it will be better than the last.

I think they should have the lady back that had to go home for family reasons last season.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I need to get my fat butt out of the chair and on the tredmill so I can get on season 4. Who would not want Shartfoo master Tango on the show. Out shooting all the big wigs and running around acting all crazy after that.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hell, I'll just compete on my Hover-Round!

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I agree. Some continuity between the two seasons would be a nice touch. Heck, Survivor is recycling some of the previous participants.

6. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I caught the last episode of the first season, I am looking forward to watching this season. Good show.

7. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

I wish they would have matches that are a closer representation of real competitions. Cowboy shoots, IDPA/IPSC, trap and skeet, 1000 yard, high-power, benchrest, 3-gun, the whole gamut. There are 100s of different shoots to choose, from all over the country, that would be identifiable to some watchers and would let a national audience see what could be a future shoot at a local range.

Perhaps I feel the show would be more worthwhile if they took a more direct route to advance the shooting sports. Perhaps they just want to make money with the show.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

All they had to do was get NGIB and myself (with a Tango as gun caddie), and they would make millions. :)

9. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

It'll never happen, they're filming Top Shot, not Space Cowboys. :)

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

11. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Gun Golf what a great idea!! Drive from the tee with a 300 yard rifle shot, get in closer with a slug from a shot gun, finish with a pistol. Carry all your equipment with you from hole to hole. That would be cool.

You could do a rimfire course too....

12. freefall

freefall New Member

I saw a water powered jet pack that should allow me to compete.:eek:

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I would not call it a good show. It was passable at best. I definitely watched it, but who ever thought Colby was a firearms host didn't quite do their demo studies very well.

a) They should start discussing actual calibers and the rounds they are firing, not just the model of the gun. That would be nice.

b) Make the targets something actually difficult to hit instead of pieces of plywood with pyrotechnics on it. This is TOP shot.

c) Why the Beretta 92F? As if that has any sort of history or glorious past. Let's get some 1911 action going. Now that is THE classic military sidearm.

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'll probably follow this season more than last year. If they can keep the manufactured drama to a minimum and focus on skill and technique plus responsible gun use than that will be a big plus.