Tool Time

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

We must all have a tool we use all the time or a time saving device we can all recommend. Tell us your favourite tool (keep it clean)

For the last ten years I have carried a Leatherman Crunch. This is the one with the locking pliers. I repair old window systems from medievel to 1960s steel windows a must for all engineers or on the spot gunsmithing.

Whats Yours ?

2. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Being that I used to be a motorcycle mechanic for a living, most of my tools are Snap On. The one that I use the most simply because it is such a time saver is the "Turbo Handle".

Attached Files:

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm never without my Leatherman Core. It's like having a toolbox in your pocket. I broke down on the side of the road 1 time (hose), and got it running with nothing other than a new hose, some water, and my Leatherman.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

The calculator on my ipod touch has served me well, but my abacus will work without batteries. (accountant)

:D

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

[​IMG]

ive got about three of em i keep one in my truck. its a handy tool for about anything i need sliced diced pryed or poked.

6. dewey

dewey New Member

folding pocket knife. Nothing fancy, as I tend to lose 'em.

7. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

3/8 drive Snap On ratchet with the pivot head.

Irreplaceable.

8. GNLaFrance

GNLaFrance New Member

This, with about 20 years of banging around on it. The most useful pocket knife I've ever owned.

Attached Files:

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

10. RCgeek

RCgeek New Member

In my garage I think my favorite tools are my gear wrenches....I have over 15K in Mac/snap-on tools and I find myself using those gear wrenches all the friggin time. Just too handy.

Other than that I don't really carry a pocket knife/leatherman or whatever. I have a big plastic rubbermaid type box that I call my magic junk box. It rides in the back of my truck all the time, unless we are road tripping with the wife's Yukon, then it gets tossed in there.
    I would list all the junk in it but I can't even remember it all....would probably be a shorter list of things not included.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I have carried a Spyderco Harpy everyday since about 1987, IIRC. It is useful for more things than I can ever say. Almost a multi tool unto itself, even though it is just a single blade knife.

12. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I love my Spydrench.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

An old swiss army knife and a 2AA maglite. I work in an area that has reduced lighting and never know what the problem is until I get there. Most problems have been fixed by using the screwdriver blade of the knife.

14. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

A man without a knife ...

Is as useless as boobs on a boar!:D

15. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I sometimes have my leatherman on me(the original leatherman) But I always have ol' faithful my Case XX Sod Buster JR. I love that knife, sister gave it to me when I was 16 have had it ever since still sharp as hell too!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  16. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I used to have a small Swiss Army knife on my keychain until I found the Letherman Micra.....slightly larger, but it has "real" scissors and may more "tools" on-board.

Attached Files:

17. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Ratchet wrenches have got to be the best thing going.

18. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Channel Lock pliers and Vise Grip's are absolutely astounding for coarse work.

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

My Swiss Army Midnite Minichamp. Been carrying Swiss Army knives for as long as I can remember. This one is my favorite.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  20. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Pocket knife, Crescent wrench.