Tool box

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Mar 25, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Tango needs a tool box. A smaller one. I am building myself a computer repair kit. The crap they give us at work SUCKS. It is cheap tools that bend or break if you look at them cross eyed.

I have screw drivers, wire cutters, and various stuff along with some small testing equipment.

I am looking to keep this under $50.

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Assuming you are not talking about a mechanic's type of box but something more portable I would look at Home Depot or Lowes for an Electricians Toolbag. Much less bulk an ideally suited for the type of tools you would be using.

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Tango I have worked in 7 states, something like 22-23 cities and halfway around the world. In all my travels I have yet to find better tools, or better equipment, than Klein. They make quality, made in the USA stuff and they have tools for just about everything.

Klein Tools, Inc. - Handtools for Professional Electricians, HVAC and Lineman, Klein Tools, Chicago, Illinois | Pliers, Fish Tapes, Wire Strippers, Voice-Data-Video Testers, Cable Cutters, Screwdrivers, Nut Drivers, Wrenches, Knives, Scissors, Snips,

I can HIGHLY recommend them. They cost a little more than average, but they will last the rest of your lifetime and your son will still have good tools to work with long after you are gone.

JD

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

What I have found to be plain awesome is one of those buckets with the husky bucket tool bag on them. I was an electrician when I had one, have one in my garage now too. Pockets for everything and storage for parts at the bottom of the bucket. Youre spending MAYBE 15 bucks for the entire thing. They have them on sale at Home Depot.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

No I don't need a rollaway. I just need a small decent toolbox. I have a cheap orange Home Depot giveaway but that is what I use for my HOA tools. I have a big three drawer Kobalt one at home that is plastic with steel drawers. I love it but that is way to big for what I am doing.

I need something that is easy to store and of decent quality.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I got one of these at Home Depot for under $20. I use it for my firearm toolbox. I like it because (a) it has an open top; (b) it was cheap; and (c) it has many pockets, and I do love me some pockets.

Attached Files:

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I think either one of them will work Poink. Thanks for the links. Would much rather have a soft sided one vs a big metal clanging tool box.

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Sprotek

I got one of these as a present at Xmas. Yet to find a job it cant handle on computers

Attached Files:

10. Bushman

Bushman Member

I bought this one for my small truck toolbox about a month ago.
    It works well, holds alot of stuff.
    Drawers lock when the lid is closed. Drawers are nylon slide type, not ball bearing roller guides, but for about $49 bucks, you're not going to get roller guides.
    Here's the Website:
    Welcome to Lawson Products

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  11. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Im tellin ya, this is more than handy!

[​IMG]

12. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

It sure looks it but I think it is not very "professional" looking for IT service. JMHO.

I do see similar set up to this a lot in our construction sites and they work great.

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Since when are IT geeks professional? :cool:

14. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

OUCH!!! LOL FYI I also worked in IT for 10 years...software side though. :D

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I have something like Lon showed and I use it around the house all the time. Fits a full size drill, hammer, screwdriver set, socket set and multimeter with room to spare. Plus it's cheap and made of a heavy canvas so tools won't go through it.

Keeping it organized is the only negative, you have to put everything back in generic places. I'm used to my Air Force tool box that has perfectly fit slots for every tool. It makes staying organized a breeze.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I did find a Kline one that I liked. It is over the budgeted price but I do know they make quality stuff.

I wear slacks and a polo to work every day. I may not tuck my shirt in because it makes my belly look bigger when I do that. But I do dress nice for work. I just don't do ties. first off I can't tie a tie and second you never know when your tie is gonna get sucked into the shredder and help it eat your face off like a pack of rabid chihuahuas.

I also have some small fine tools like the small needle nose pliers and small screw drivers. plus I need bigger tools as well. As well as testing equipment for PSUs and a multimeter.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Looks like a nice tool kit, but it is missing the tool I normally use on computers.

The BFH.

18. Car54

Car54 New Member

Tango,

Don't get anything like these from Stanley. I bought a large and small one and after a few uses the lids don't want to close without finageling them and they don't hold a lot of weight. They are sold at Lowes and WalMart.

Attached Files:

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Which one did you like? I know a Klein guy and he has made a ton of cash off my boys in the days gone by, he might be able to get you a good price. ;)

Hit me up by PM if you want.

JD