Took the boys out for a half day shoot

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by wknight40, Jun 21, 2014.

1. wknight40

wknight40 New Member

Took my 16 year old and 21 year old out shooting today. Other than a BB gun or paintball gun neither of them has shot a weapon before. Started out with the AR in 5.56. Reconfirmed my fifty yard zero for 100 yards. Looked good so I told them where to aim and have at it, after obligatory safety instructions. Did it 3 rounds at a time to conserve and ammo. When they got comfortable with that we moved out to 100 yards. I made final adjustments to zero at 100 yards and the bloody scope went screwy on me. At first it was "Oh goody I get to upgrade my scope". All it was, was the rings loosened up. Lined things up and tightened everything down good and two adjustments later it was back on target. Time to get some blue Loctite. Then brought out the pistols. Of course the boys started getting headaches. Not drinking enough water and not used to nature. Anyway want them to shoot both pistols. One a .22 American Heritage. They liked it. The SCCY 9mm they did not care for. They both got hit in the forehead by flying brass. All in all it was a good day. Now to get the wife out there.

2. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Keep 'em going!