Took my first defensive handgun class.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by unioncreek, Jun 9, 2013.

1. unioncreek

unioncreek New Member

Was in MT this past week visiting family. My brother in law owns and runs a tactical shooting school. My wife asked him when his next beginning handgun class was. He said he'd set it up for us on Friday, I was shocked she asked. Her SIL was murdered 20 years ago and hasn't wanted anything to do firearms. She really enjoyed it and told me to buy her a handgun. I've been shooting for 40 years and he helped me correct some of my bad habit.

Bob

2. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Good for you. Get all the training you and your wife want/can. Take care and good luck.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Sounds fun. Good stuff.

4. PappaJim

PappaJim New Member

Anytime you can share an intrest with your spouse, it makes it more enjoyable. Makes it easier to go buy a new gun also. Some how I managed to take a woman who absolutely hated guns when we met, and change her into a woman who points out guns she wants me to by her. The problem is when you buy guns for resale, and she gives you the look that means she has already decided that gun is going in her safe. I've lost out on a fair amount of profit over the years because she confiscated a CZ 75 Tactical Sport, a Beretta 96, a Grendel P-12, a S&W mod 36, and a NAA Minni .22.

5. unioncreek

unioncreek New Member

I'm lucky my BIL owns the tactical school. We shot his Lapua 338 Mag at 1500 yards, first time I've shot a target at that distance. We're going to a shooting range on Sunday for herto try out some pistols. As soon as she finds one she likes ill buy it.

Bob